Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I had posted a general question in the COIN forum, but as it developed, it got more FitL specific. As it petered out, I had asked a question about USbot Sweep/Air Lift, but seeing as it is very FitL related, I thought I should ask here really.

It is a simple one, I think. What does the part in bold below (from the last USbot Sweep bullet) mean?:

USbot wrote:
Then Sweep in place wherever possible to Activate Underground Guerrillas (including after any Air Lift).

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bueller? Bueller?

No one wants to take a stab at my question?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading your questions and the responses, but you are way ahead of my level of comprehension. I thought I understood the AI until I started reading your posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing that you do any airlifts and then sweep in place. I think they wrote that part to make sure you did the airlift first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

The reason I ask is that it has been ruled that whilst Air Lift/Transport can create new spaces for Assault (i.e. where no COIN pieces existed before), it cannot do so for Sweep. However, this wording suggests that Air Lift can create new Sweep In Place spaces. If not, there would be no reason to include it. So it seems at odds with the ruling and that is why I'm asking.

So, when you say you do Air Lifts, then Sweep In Place, do you allow the bot to create a Sweep In Place space through Air Lift, or not?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unaware of any ruling that counters this but I am looking at 8.8.3 for this. I don't consider the potential airlift when deciding yes or no on whether to do a sweep, but I do airlift before the sweep. It tells you do airlift to fulfill US sweep priorities. That was my understanding but I am rusty and going by memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to be clear, you select all possible Sweep spaces, then do the Air Lift. Is that correct? If so, what does the "(including after any Air Lift)." mean? Doesn't it mean that there may now be spaces to Sweep in after completing the Air Lift, that didn't exist beforehand? If the spaces that you could Sweep in were the same before or after Air Lift, why the warning? Seems redundant, doesn't it?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
So, just to be clear, you select all possible Sweep spaces, then do the Air Lift. Is that correct?

Sounds correct. I think. My recollection is that you consider the airlift when selecting the sweep spaces.

Quote:
If so, what does the "(including after any Air Lift)." mean?

Maybe it is to separate it from the spaces that were swept into. Sweep in place to include airlifted units. Maybe.

Quote:
Doesn't it mean that there may now be spaces to Sweep in after completing the Air Lift, that didn't exist beforehand?

Right.

Quote:
If the spaces that you could Sweep in were the same before or after Air Lift, why the warning? Seems redundant, doesn't it?

I guess I don't follow you. Perhaps the designer wants to be sure that you do part II of the sweep (part I being the movement) after you do the airlift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.