Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

Quote:
"When a player to your immediate left or right takes the bottom-row action in the section of the Player Mat from which the recruit was taken..."

Does this mean the section with the same action as the one from which your recruit was taken, or does it mean the section in the same position as that from which the recruit was taken?

The section actions are in a different order for different Player Mats, so this makes a difference.

I've been assuming that it meant the same section action (i.e. Upgrade, Deploy, Build or Enlist) rather than same position (i.e section 1, 2, 3 or 4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
The rules state:

Quote:
"When a player to your immediate left or right takes the bottom-row action in the section of the Player Mat from which the recruit was taken..."

Does this mean the section with the same action as the one from which your recruit was taken, or does it mean the section in the same position as that from which the recruit was taken?

The section actions are in a different order for different Player Mats, so this makes a difference.

(I've been assuming that it meant the same section action rather than same position...)

same action. Fr ex. if you have recruited from your build action, whenever a player to your left or right (or opponent in a 2 player game) takes a build action, you get the bonus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: The bottom row actions are in the same position on every board. It's only the top row actions that are mixed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:

I've been assuming that it meant the same section action (i.e. Upgrade, Deploy, Build or Enlist) rather than same position (i.e section 1, 2, 3 or 4).

If you check the player boards you will see that Upgrade is always section 1, Deploy is always section 2, Build is always section 3 and Enlist is always section 4. Easy mistake to make though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you also receive the bonus when you do the bottom row action? I would think so since it is uncovered and the icon has 3 people on it that to me represents yourself, and the opponents to your left and right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Campbell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Growing old is mandatory but growing UP is optional!
badge
Tabletop Game News, Reviews, Sales, Design and Publishing. Visit us at www.iwillnevergrowup.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
Do you also receive the bonus when you do the bottom row action? I would think so since it is uncovered and the icon has 3 people on it that to me represents yourself, and the opponents to your left and right.

Yes, you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the ongoing bonus if you have enlisted that recruit first. Next, the player to your left gets it if they have enlisted that recruit. Finally, the player to your right gets the ongoing bonus if they have enlisted that recruit. This is the order in which you check for recruits. At the beginning of the game the order isn't that critical. Toward the end of the game, the order could change how many stars each player has placed at the end of the game. For this reason, it's best to get in the habit of checking for recruits in proper order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
If you check the player boards you will see that Upgrade is always section 1, Deploy is always section 2, Build is always section 3 and Enlist is always section 4. Easy mistake to make though

DOH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.