The Order of Vampire Hunters» Forums » General

Subject: Pledge Manager Open - Accepting Late Pledges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tracey At DGG
msg tools
publisher
mb
Vampire Hunters – Pledge Manager Open and Accepting Late Pledges.

The Vampire Hunters Pledge Manager is now open, closing May 1st 2017. All backers, both Kickstarter and late pledges, are currently being sent invitations to the Pledge Manager by e-mail.

New backers can continue to make late pledges directly in BackerKit while the Pledge Manager is open. Late backers are eligible for all 39 Stretch Goals unlocked during the campaign. Click here for late pledges - https://vampire-hunters-0.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Dark Gate Games has arranged customs friendly shipping to USA, EU, Australia and Canada.

Visit the campaign for more information about Vampire Hunters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pledge Manger Open - Accepting Late Pledges
This one is raising a LOT of red flags for me. The shear amount of content for what they raised, in addition to bring first time creators, is making me worried. Backing for a buck for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm hoping they deliver and then I'll bite the bullet after the fact, but for now, they can just enjoy my $1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think half a million is a decent amount of money for a game this size. Last I heard, the manufacturing was being done by Ludo Fact; the same factory that CMON uses. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think we have a very different approach for kickstarter.

necroloid123 wrote:
This one is raising a LOT of red flags for me. The shear amount of content for what they raised,

A big amount of contents will probably mean delays, but nothing else. (While 90+ percent of miniature boardgame kickstarter projects have delays).

necroloid123 wrote:
in addition to bring first time creators, is making me worried. Backing for a buck for now.

Yes they are a first time creator, so they are using the kickstarter platform, for this is what kickstarter.com was made for.

For the "red flags":
- The rulebook is worked out pretty well (although still WIP).
- the gameplay videos were informative and made a good impression of the game flow.
- The manufacturer they choce is Ludofact, which stands for quality and experience
- The price seems ok, not too high to be competitive to other projects, not too low to carelessly endanger bankruptcy before fulfillment.

I agree that you should not put all your spare money of half a year into a first time ks project, but do a basic pledge if you like vampire hunters seems reasonable... in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit, it raises some flags for me too. But I have a theory which basically says "by the time someone invests in making a rulebook, making -physical- prototype components, and setting up a Kickstarter that shares all the information I'd want in terms of artists, production, etc.... That someone is really trying to come to market with a product."

Is it a risk? Sure, but I figure they have some idea as to what they're doing at this point, and it isn't a scam.

Will it be late? Oh yeah. But that's just a given for all but a handful of companies on KS any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The way I look at Kickstarter delays is, if all these games ship on time, I'll have too many games to play within the same time period. If some of them are delayed by a year or so, then the releases will be nicely spaced out over the next 3-4 years.

If Vampire Hunters ships in early 2018, that would be just about perfect for me as I don't think I'll have any other new games arriving then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
If Vampire Hunters ships in early 2018, that would be just about perfect for me as I don't think I'll have any other new games arriving then.

...yet. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I backed this game for the Slayer pledge plus a a fair few add-ons, so I'm in it up to my neck, so to speak.

Of all the projects that I have backed on Kickstarter so far, this one seems to me to be the biggest gamble to be honest. The main reason for me feeling that way is that, since the Kickstarter campaign ended, there have not been any updates at all about gameplay aspects. All the updates have been about the models, add-ons or the pledge manager. I realize that there were gameplay videos on the Kickstarter campaign page from the get go. I don't know why, but I just would have found it reassuring if there had been some more gameplay related updates since then. I mean, just what is the current status regarding rules, play testing and gameplay modifications?

If I look at the Darklight: Memento Mori campaign, for example, the creator is making posts about his progress in these areas, so I feel comforted by that, because I feel that I have more visibility.

I accept that other Kickstarter campaigns have been equally non forthcoming, so Vampire Hunters is not unique in this aspect. I also accept that there may have been comments made that I have missed.

The bottom line though is the end product. And as long as it is a great game that is well balances and has been thoroughly play tested, then this is the most important thing I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't know if you've backed any CMON projects, but they are notorious for not showing much in the way of gameplay during or after the campaign.

I took a look at the Darklight: MM campaign and while the premise looks interesting, I feel the exact opposite. I've noticed the creator posted session reports, but not videos of these playthroughs. He has a two hour playthrough with all new players, but reading about it and watching it, is a much different experience, IMO.

I also don't like the fact that he hasn't let any independent, third party reviews of the game. I don't really put much weight in preliminary "reviews"/previews, but it's usually better than nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracey At DGG
msg tools
publisher
mb
The Pledge Manager is now closed, as of May 1st 2017.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.