Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... at what point do you just remove the batteries from your smoke alarms altogether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Usually before I start the bacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
... at what point do you just remove the batteries from your smoke alarms altogether?

As a bacon connoisseur I find it easiest to just remove the smoke alarm batteries the first time I ever hear it beep, and leave 'em out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're cooking at too high a temperature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
You're cooking at too high a temperature.

This.

Start with a cold pan, lay bacon in it (not touching, if possible), and set burner to medium. Turn as they wrinkle, multiple times, and remove from pan as soon as you see the really brown flecks just start to appear on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Or:

Preheat oven to 350. Line cooking pan (needs a good lip all the way around; a cookie sheet won't work) with parchment paper, lay bacon flat on paper, cover with another sheet of parchment. Press down to get top parchment to stick to the bacon (not sure why this makes a difference, but it seems to yield better bacon). Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness/crispiness preference. Remove from parchment, drain on paper towels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoke alarms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Bake them until they're so dry the Kwisatz Haderach summons a worm. That is when they're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could check if the offending smoke alarm uses an ionization detector. If it is change it for a photoelectric one that will be less prone to false alarms due to cooking or dust. http://www.asecurelife.com/best-smoke-detector/

We have a photoelectric detector closest to the kitchen that rarely goes off while the ionization alarm in the bedroom is usually the one that triggers quickly. Useful reminder to close the door to the bedroom when frying something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrap the bacon in paper towels and nuke to taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not, for the love of all things holy, try cooking bacon in an air fryer. The neighbours three houses away need to remove their smoke alarm batteries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone to cooking it in the oven. I think most packages have baking instructions on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spacerx wrote:
I've gone to cooking it in the oven. I think most packages have baking instructions on them.

I find oven baked tastier and cleaner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:

Preheat oven to 350. Line cooking pan (needs a good lip all the way around; a cookie sheet won't work) with parchment paper, lay bacon flat on paper, cover with another sheet of parchment. Press down to get top parchment to stick to the bacon (not sure why this makes a difference, but it seems to yield better bacon). Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness/crispiness preference. Remove from parchment, drain on paper towels.

This, except you can buy a cookie sheet that will work. Its called a half sheet and measures 13" x 17.5" and has a 1" lip. Here is the link to amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Natural-Aluminum-Commerci...

You can also use a wire rack that fits inside the lip of the half sheet to put the bacon on, especially if you don't want to mess with parchment paper.

https://www.amazon.com/Bakers-Secret-1061483-16-Inch-Nonstic...

If you want I can post pictures the next time I cook bacon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.