Hide
5 Posts

Escape from Colditz» Forums » Rules

Subject: Talisman card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Grillo
msg tools
Can the Talisman card be played by the Escape Officer of another nation to protect an escapee who is not his own? This happened in my first game (I was the Germans) and it seemed off storyline to me, as surely the lucky charm is imagined to be on the person of the man who is running? But I could not see anything in that rules to stop the Dutch EO to suddenly whip out his talisman card after I had played my Shoot to Kill vs the British prisoner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game does have an element of cooperation that at times is neccessary to keep the german guards at bay. It's knowing when not to help the other nations's escapee's and play it everyone country for themselves that makes this game really shine imho. As the guards I love it when the escape officer's don't cooperate from the beginning, makes the guards jib a little easier.
But specifically to your question, I don't think there is any rule against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Infinger
msg tools
I have to agree. It appears to be able to be played at anytime the Security officer plays the Shoot-to-kill, regardless of who they are shooting at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Livio Victorius Paiva
Brazil
flag msg tools
The rules say: Opportunity cards cannot be traded between Escape Officers. So I understand that the card can only benefit the cardholder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Infinger
msg tools
This is one of the many vague rules in this game that groups need to decide how to handle themselves. If they feel it adds to the enjoyment then so be it. I personally feel it takes nothing away to allow anyone to use it to save a life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.