Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Imperial Settlers: Aztecs» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wooden watchtowers clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a missing keyword on this card. What determines what is matching. Does it mean I choose an opponent, or do I choose a type and all OPPO ents get the resource.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You call the resource and then your opponent gets the number of matching resources.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
You call the resource and then your opponent gets the number of matching resources.


Does that mean all of your opponents? (As in 3 people in a four player game.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
michaelmurphymurphy wrote:
Caibre wrote:
You call the resource and then your opponent gets the number of matching resources.


Does that mean all of your opponents? (As in 3 people in a four player game.)


It says "Choose one opponent" on the card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. "Ponder" Rummy
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours. John Locke
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelmurphymurphy wrote:
What determines what is matching.
if you give your opponent more than one resource, then each resource given must be of the same kind. they are matching because they are the same type of resource (eg all wood, all stone, etc etc).
whoops! see portal clarification below: prayer card type/color matching the given resource type/color.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumbelow wrote:
michaelmurphymurphy wrote:
What determines what is matching.
if you give your opponent more than one resource, then each resource given must be of the same kind. they are matching because they are the same type of resource (eg all wood, all stone, etc etc).


I guess that makes sense. Just seems like it should have the word choose twice then. Choose a type or resource and choose an opponent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wiśniewski
Poland
Gliwice
flag msg tools
Avatar
Rumbelow wrote:
michaelmurphymurphy wrote:
What determines what is matching.
if you give your opponent more than one resource, then each resource given must be of the same kind. they are matching because they are the same type of resource (eg all wood, all stone, etc etc).

Actually, this is incorrect.
The things you give must match the cards you drew during your Pray action. If you didn't draw any red cards, you cannot choose to give your opponent Food. However, if among what you drew there is a red card and a brown card, you are absolutely free to give Food as well as Wood.
You may want to have a look at the last page of the rulebook - we explained there what "matching" means.
Hope this clears it up.
- Peter
www.portalgames.pl
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help Peter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Dumitru
Romania
Otopeni
Ilfov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I give more resources for 1 matching card? ( 5x wood for 1 brown card)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Molas
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fl0po wrote:
Can I give more resources for 1 matching card? ( 5x wood for 1 brown card)


I don't think you can. As Peter said above, "The things you give must match the cards you drew during your Pray action.". So if you drew 2 red cards you could give 2 food. But I'm not certain about this.

I have another question regarding the Wooden Watchtower and other cards from the Aztecs expansion that allow you to pay/give "per card" drawn instead of gain "per card" drawn. Can the blessing tokens be used with them?

For example: I have 1 red and 1 brown blessing token and activate the action from the Wooden Watchtower.

1) Can I choose not to draw and use the blessing tokens that I own to dictate what resources I can give for points? (In this case 1 food and 1 wood)

2) Can I choose to draw expecting that I get at least one of the required colors (red, brown or gray) and, if I do, add my blessing tokens to the amount of cards drawn? For instance, If I draw 1 red, 2 yellow, 1 pink e 1 black card, I would be able to give 2 food (card + blessing token) and 1 wood (blessing token) for points.

Edit: This has already been answered by myyysha here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1731298/rule-clarification-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fl0po wrote:
Can I give more resources for 1 matching card? ( 5x wood for 1 brown card)


No. You can only spent machting resources 1 for 1. So, to spent 5 wood, you need 5 brown cards or 4 brown card + 1 brown blessing token.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EdgarMolas wrote:
For example: I have 1 red and 1 brown blessing token and activate the action from the Wooden Watchtower.

1) Can I choose not to draw and use the blessing tokens that I own to dictate what resources I can give for points? (In this case 1 food and 1 wood)


Yes.

Quote:
2) Can I choose to draw expecting that I get at least one of the required colors (red, brown or gray) and, if I do, add my blessing tokens to the amount of cards drawn? For instance, If I draw 1 red, 2 yellow, 1 pink e 1 black card, I would be able to give 2 food (card + blessing token) and 1 wood (blessing token) for points.

Edit: This has already been answered by myyysha here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1731298/rule-clarification-...


Yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Dumitru
Romania
Otopeni
Ilfov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aztarun wrote:
fl0po wrote:
Can I give more resources for 1 matching card? ( 5x wood for 1 brown card)


No. You can only spent machting resources 1 for 1. So, to spent 5 wood, you need 5 brown cards or 4 brown card + 1 brown blessing token.


Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.