Escape from Atlantis» Forums » Variants

Subject: ATLANTEANS which fight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own several Editions of the great Game.

Some editions show brave looking warrior type guys sitting in an escaping boat - one edition even showing a sharp fight by well armed warriors.
The Rules have no such thing. A Sea Montser ALWAYS destroys the boat and all persons in it:

We play a Variant, where there is an - albeit small - chance, to survive a sea monster / kraken attack in a boat. And taking other player's pieces with You, will enhance Your chances...

THE BOAT DEFENSE VARIANT:
If a Boat is attacked by KRAKEN/OCTOPUS or SEA MONSTER, the Atlanteans in the boat can try to fight the Monster off:
ROLL one DIE:
If the Number rolled is equal or smaller than the number of people in the boat - the monster is beaten off (move it up to 3 spaces away into an empty space).

Makes great fun and represents nicely the desperate fight (there is still enough mayhem - be sur of that)

Greetings from Germany, Reinhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like a fun little variant.

Perhaps consider this: "If the Number rolled is equal or smaller than the number of different people in the boat - the monster is beaten off". With different I mean Atlanteans from different players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Das wrote:

Perhaps consider this: "If the Number rolled is equal or smaller than the number of different people in the boat - the monster is beaten off". With different I mean Atlanteans from different players.

Yes, it definitely IS fun, but still there is mich bloodshed by those monsters, becauset they are not removed from the game, but just beaten off...

Your Variant seems to be interesting too, but I think, this restriction is not necessary, because there will be seldom a boat with 3 Pieces from one colour - bevause this is VERY risky indeed (loosing 3 of Your men in 1 Turn). Our variant also already encourages players to leave the boats in positions, where additional men (warriors) can board them.

You can also consider it possible, to fight off SHARKS. This is not necessary for Boatmen (as they are safe), but they can help their mates in the waters... Anyway the monsters come back quickly enough anyway...

We also play with more than 12 men/Player (about 15-18) - this makes for a LOT of Chaos devildevildevil - really a good game (although > 20 Years old)

Thanky for Your proposal, I will try it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
Well, sailing off with a full boat of 3 in one colour becomes less risky with your variant don't you think? That's why I made the additional suggestion.

I like the idea of using more Atlanteans per player. We'll have to try that.

Anyway, have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Das wrote:

Remember, that if 3 different Players are inside one boat, that normally only one Player (the Fourth)will bi interested to sink it...

So having Three Men of One Player in a Boat (three potential Player sending Monsters after You)...
is anyway much riskier,
than having Three Men of THREE Players in a boat (only one potential Player sending Monsters after You)

Greetings, Reinhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.