Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Expandable Storage Solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've seen some recommendations for L-BOXX:
http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%...

and Tough System:
http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%...

I saw those in the Imperial Assault forums, so I can't vouch for the big ships fitting in any of those, but it looks like there are options. And they're customizable so you can build to taste. I'm sure there's other options out there too. Google knows what you need.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using the Sir Willibald tuck boxes and they work just fine. I have a large collection all in the original box, plus a smaller auxiliary box. If I eventually get the campaign box, that plus the original would easily store the game plus all expansions I currently have.

The downside is the tuckboxes are a pain to make all at once. I wouldn't recommend doing that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ulrich
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
In my Warhammer days i used miniature cases and bags from Feldherr (www.feldherr.net).

They have pre-cut foam inserts for Armada ships and nice carrying bags/ storage boxes.
I think they're selling through their own website and Amazon.com.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:

The downside is the tuckboxes are a pain to make all at once. I wouldn't recommend doing that.


4stephen wrote:
my current fleet:

2 x Starter Core Boxed Sets
1 x Imperial Interdictor Star Destroyer
1 x Home One
1 x MC30c Frigate
1 x Phoenix Home


6 ships? Piece of cake...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:

Christian,

Thank you for releasing your famous tuck boxes.

Actually it is more than 6 ships as you didn't notice the first item is for 2 Starter Sets.



I know, but I wanted to be encouraging... But I know, cutting and glueing a huge pile of boxes can be a pain. Grab a good audiobook, if you decide to take that route!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That Bosch box system looks pretty amazing. Very modular, and even has foam inserts. Expensive though, and I'm a cheapskate. Kind of glad I didn't see those first, as i can also be a little compulsive... impulsive... whatever "ive", I would have bought a bunch of them. whistle

I went with this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-STST19900-Click-N-Connect...

You can buy the lower boxes separately, and they stack "infinitely" (once the stack gets to shoulder height, you might want to start a second stack).

Lots of room for ships and books. The small compartments up top are good for dice and dials. I have my tokens in smaller "plano" type boxes, and the cards as well. You'll want to pick up some foam so they don't bang around, and a sharp hobby knife to cut it with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Love these:

http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/products/storage/tool-boxe...

Plus, they come in three sizes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springbohne wrote:
In my Warhammer days i used miniature cases and bags from Feldherr (www.feldherr.net).

They have pre-cut foam inserts for Armada ships and nice carrying bags/ storage boxes.
I think they're selling through their own website and Amazon.com.


I use the Feldherr cases/foam for the ships, stands, damage decks and dials - so I will second the suggestion from Dennis. Most of the cards (ships, Squads and upgrades) I put into binders. BCW supplies has a mixed sheet that can hold 4 of the Tarot size cards with 4 of the smaller upgrade cards in the same footprint of the standard 9 pocket sheets. I use those in combination with the 16 pocket pages for upgrades and 9 pocket pages for the standard sized squads. The tokens I ended up putting in a plano box.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also use Feldherr for my Armada ships - one carrying case for the Rebels and one for the Empire. So far, Feldherr has been the least expensive of the pre-cut foam transport systems I've used, and I've been very happy with the quality. I'd definitely recommend their stuff.

After I brought mine to my Armada group's game night, 3 other players went and bought the same bag. If you decide to go this route and you're in the US, get their bags off of Amazon. They're cheaper and have free shipping with Prime.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill third this. Feldherr has been great. I order directly from them in Berlin and I get it in a few days at a reasonable price.

johnsone1978 wrote:
Springbohne wrote:
In my Warhammer days i used miniature cases and bags from Feldherr (www.feldherr.net).

They have pre-cut foam inserts for Armada ships and nice carrying bags/ storage boxes.
I think they're selling through their own website and Amazon.com.


I use the Feldherr cases/foam for the ships, stands, damage decks and dials - so I will second the suggestion from Dennis. Most of the cards (ships, Squads and upgrades) I put into binders. BCW supplies has a mixed sheet that can hold 4 of the Tarot size cards with 4 of the smaller upgrade cards in the same footprint of the standard 9 pocket sheets. I use those in combination with the 16 pocket pages for upgrades and 9 pocket pages for the standard sized squads. The tokens I ended up putting in a plano box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarbuck wrote:

I have the Click-N-Connect too with Sir Willi's tick boxes:




It even fits the ISD in the large section, the plano box fits over top.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.