Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any additional info regarding the English Ship Tokens Stretch goal? It seems like this would add components that there are no rules for in the base game, meaning it would need to come with rules of its own. However it is marked as "KS Free" rather than "Expansion". Is that just a mistake or will these components and rules really not be easily available after the KS campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Is there any additional info regarding the English Ship Tokens Stretch goal? It seems like this would add components that there are no rules for in the base game, meaning it would need to come with rules of its own. However it is marked as "KS Free" rather than "Expansion". Is that just a mistake or will these components and rules really not be easily available after the KS campaign?

There will come a point where the achieved stretch goals cover all rules in the expansion rulebook and it'll be released I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

There will come a point where the achieved stretch goals cover all rules in the expansion rulebook and it'll be released I'm sure.
Hopefully they will release that soon, but the issue is that as per the current stretch goal graphic the expansion doesn't actually include the English ships...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Hi Niko.

In the base game the English can play a card that blocks the Vikings from attacking territories the English choose. We found it got confusing w/o some way of showing which territories were blocked, so the idea of English ship tokens were born.

Not necessary, but a nice addition.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim of Academy wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Hi Niko.

In the base game the English can play a card that blocks the Vikings from attacking territories the English choose. We found it got confusing w/o some way of showing which territories were blocked, so the idea of English ship tokens were born.

Not necessary, but a nice addition.

Tim
Thanks for the explanation Tim! Makes sense to mark it as a KS Free stretch goal if the rules are actually in the base game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
I would be very surprised if Academy Games does not already has this game nailed down. The KS "Stretch Goals" you see..and those you have not yet seen..are already incorporated into gameplay and will be "unlocked" before the end of the campaign.
If the fundraising campaign were to slow to a crawl and end in a couple of days you would see a BUNCH of new easily attainable "stretch goals" announced.
If the funds are flooding in, you will see them spaced further apart to cover estimated length the campaign.
That's just typical KS campaign marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qui Peccavit
Angola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The English need 3-dimensional ships, too
Well, the lack of further stretch goals for the remainder of the campaign has already led to a loss of dynamics, i.e. a flattening of the financing curve. Of course it would be detrimental to throw in untested new rules and items, but upgrading the current ones (board, miniatures, buildings) is always possible.

At the very least, the English need their own ship miniatures, because cardboard tokens next to the Viking ships look weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably just buy two sets of the long ships and paint one set to look like the English ships. The marker illustrations for the English and Viking ship designs are very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qui Peccavit wrote:
Well, the lack of further stretch goals for the remainder of the campaign has already led to a loss of dynamics, i.e. a flattening of the financing curve. Of course it would be detrimental to throw in untested new rules and items, but upgrading the current ones (board, miniatures, buildings) is always possible.
I doubt it. The miniatures are already in production (they've shown pictures of the molds in updates), the cards are already highest qualify as per one of their comments, and switching to a larger board is already ruled out by them (though it seems to eb the most feasible to me)

Quote:
At the very least, the English need their own ship miniatures, because cardboard tokens next to the Viking ships look weird.
As has been stated by AG, the English ships will be on the map for one round only, while the viking ships remain on the map potentially the entire game. The tokens are even marked "KS free" stretch goals rather than included in the board game or expansion, AG doesn't regard them as anywhere near important enough to warrant miniatures and I'm sure people would be disappointed if they buy the miniatures for them and then realize that they are barely used in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found Blood Rage ships available as, IMHO, a better offering that then pewter ones. Can someone define exactly how many there would be for the Vikings and the English if *EVERY* token were replaced? I see six Pewter viking ships, but 3 tokens in the SG graphic, and 3 english tokens... which is also 6...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I've found Blood Rage ships available as, IMHO, a better offering that then pewter ones. Can someone define exactly how many there would be for the Vikings and the English if *EVERY* token were replaced? I see six Pewter viking ships, but 3 tokens in the SG graphic, and 3 english tokens... which is also 6...
The vikings get a ship every time they land a new invasion so at most 6, potentially 7 with Lagertha (not sure if she allows placement of a second ship when she comes in as an additional leader as I haven't seen actual rules for her yet)
Since the English can and probably will burn the ships as the game progresses there may not be that many on the map at the same time though.

The event card Saxon Navy blocks the vikings form invading 6 shires for the current turn. The English ships are used to mark which shires are blocked meaning you will need 6 of them that will all be on the map at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.