Subject: Leader vs warriors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor X
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
With respect to battle card text like Odin's Smite, are leaders (and monsters for that matter) considered "warriors"?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
badge
mbmb
No.

Warriors are warriors (the ones you have 8 of, 4 right-handed and 4 left-handed).

Ships are ships. Leader is leader. Monsters are monsters. Non-monster figures are warriors, ships, and leader. Figures are warriors, ships, leader, and monsters.

(If you haven't received an invitation to the tautology club, then you haven't received an invitation to the tautology club.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Warriors encompasses: Warriors.
Figures encompasses: Warriors, Leaders, Ships, Monsters.

The key text on these cards is Figure or Warrior or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As arry said a warrior is only the warrior unit, not; leaders monsters and ships. If the game is specifying all units it says figures.

A simple way to see the difference is on the Age 1 troll card and the Age 2 fire giant card. The troll kills all warriors in the same province it invades, the fire giant kills all non-monster figures (warriors, ships and leaders).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor X
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot. I argued that point based on rule text but my wife was insisting a warrior is a warrior is a warrior and a leader then made an eye roll. Lol.
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xantechdp wrote:
Thanks a lot. I argued that point based on rule text but my wife was insisting a warrior is a warrior is a warrior and a leader then made an eye roll. Lol.
Thanks all!

Somehow, I don't think getting support here will convince her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell her to read the rulebook. If she's not convinced, then I will be inclined to believe she lacks some interpretation skills, and you won't convince her anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.