Hide
1 Posts

Hapsburg Eclipse» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Play and.... MINOR VICTORY! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S F
msg tools

So, in the end I managed to scrape a lucky victory with 13 points. Realized that I got incredibly lucky on two counts: firstly, the kaiserschlacht didn't kick in until very very late in the game, maybe 10th from last card or so? Second piece of luck was the advance of war status from expanded to Great War. These two cards ended up pretty close together on the bottom of the deck! So, I was able to basically get through all the various crises of the morning and midday cards before dusk came into play. I saw loads of Romanian and Balkan advances go by without their fronts being on the map! Mackensen was also a great help. Rebuilt przemysl back to 1 and managed to hold the Carpathian front there until the Bolsheviks came to my rescue! Flubbed the Croat vs Czech revolt effects but don't think it was a massive game changer??? Anyway, I'm sure it'll be more difficult once I get all the rules down pat but it was a great pleasure to save this anachronistic dynasty (being a holdover from the HRE, a late Antique/early medieval creation!!) in the 20th century. Thanks to Darin Leviloff and the team for such a pleasure, and especially for the speculative blurbs on the various victory/defeat results! Really added to the narrative! Extra kudos to VPG for replacing the Ottoman Sunset cards that were in the box with the correct cards within about a week, free, no questions asked! Great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.