Gregory Baker
msg tools
Hello all,

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game is my favorite board game. I am a huge Marvel comics fan, and have enjoyed trying to play games that mimic teams or scenarios from the original stories, as I know many others have as well. I have created a document (in Microsoft Word/.docx) that takes classic and not-so-classic comics and adapts them for Legendary. It is a work in progress, growing with new comics and new expansions. It currently covers about 267 different scenarios, from Marvel Comics #1 from 1939 to the recently completed Clone Conspiracy crossover. This is a campaign in that it tells stories in a sequential order. However, it is not a traditional campaign as there is no character growth, branching stories, or perma-death as in other campaigns I have seen. It calls upon all base and expansion releases for Legendary: Marvel and Legendary: Villains, including 3D (I used some of the blank extra cards to make proxies for this release. I bought Fantastic Four before it went out of print). Most of the scenarios are for 2 players (as my favorite way to play is two-handed solo, and as this also allows the highest hero to villain ratio which best echoes the stories), thought some are solo, and a handful are for 3+ players. Most adaptions are far from perfect - most henchmen villains and many villains are suggestive rather than accurate (I always use the standard nomenclature even for Villains games). For Masterminds and Heroes, rather than create custom heroes, or use the many that have been developed by the fan community, I have instead used other existing heroes, etc., as "fill-ins". This allows certain heroes with very limited use (like Dr. Punisher, Soldier Supreme, who appears in one 8-page story) to have greater life (I regular use him for Johnny Blaze when he is not Ghost Rider).

If people are interested in seeing or using my document, I can post it to the files section after it has been approved. I can also "pimp it out" by adding images of comic covers, etc., though will obviously increase the file size and may create delays in file section approval (I do not own the copyright to the images, though all would come from marvel.wikia.com or from Google image searches). Please post replies to this thread if you are interested (I probably will not check my mailbox).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm always looking for games that follow the comics for my two-handed games and playgroup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gage
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I would love to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would be interested too. Especially if you include alternatives for the villain set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Baker
msg tools
I've basically mixed the sets together. So some villains are used as heroes (and rarely vice versa). Some scenarios are specifically for Villains, if this is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds great, thank you for your work on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded this and it looks fantastic. I like that you gave the Villains and 3D representation in the scenarios. I know there has been a lot of discussion in the past regarding them and some would have omitted them but for those of us that own them it is great to see them included. I've always been under the belief that you include everything released and then sub out for the cards you do not have.
A suggestion I have as you continue to grow this database is to include options for 1-5 players. I normally play two handed or two handed solo so I will adjust accordingly.
Again thank you for the work you did on this. I will be using this for my upcoming games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Baker
msg tools
I wanted to make sure that every card got used at least once, even in situations that are difficult to play 2-handed, like "The Traitor" from Fear Itself. So, for example, "Nitro the Super Villain Threatens Crowds", I made sure to use it for its named purpose, the Stamford Attack that kicked off the 2006 Civil War. However, I also used it for situations where bystanders were in danger from a marauding force, like Maximum Carnage. This allowed me to use Villains "plots" and "schemes" interchangeably, which seems to be the direction Upper Deck has been taking since Secret Wars.

The file is up now in the file section. I don't know how to link it to this forum, but it isn't too hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this together and sharing. Here's the link to the file page. Marvel History Scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thank you for this fantastic piece of work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Work Greg!

Would you consider converting the file to a Spreadsheet...XLS or Google one?

To look something like this...

With Google you can Share the document to anyone with a link, and you won't have to update the file when you make changes.

The Spreadsheet will let folks copy the page and sort it by Team or Mastermind. If they wanted to do all the X-Men ones you have made up, then they could see them all in order without having to scan the document and potentially miss one.

Link to my campaign so you can see the layout I'm talking about...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vOZyPOHPfsdXT12SZHsh...

Again, Great job on this! Love the "Fill-ins" idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Under the Campaign Tab.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So I am looking forward to showing my playgroup these set ups and see what they think. I do have one hardcore comic follower, but the rest of us haven't followed them in years. Is there anyone who can inform me or maybe add to the page what a 2 player game would look like for the ones only set up for solo play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.