United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

I initially designed Zombology as my first NaGaDemon game in 2013, crowdsourcing feedback, playtesters and rules editing on my blog. Two years later I came back to Zombology (which I'd been tweaking continuously in the interim) and made a 30 copy, limited hand-made edition for NaGaDemon 2015, which I sold over the new few months. Since then I've added it to DriveThruCards.com.

One of the things I enjoyed most about running Reiver Games during 2006-2011 was hand-making the early games (Border Reivers and It's Alive! first edition) and then the prototypes too.

Recently I've been testing some second edition rules for Zombology (which work with the first edition cards - no need for early adopters to upgrade!) and they've been getting really good feedback (and a decent number of pre-orders for a hypothetical second edition which I've not yet committed to). It's been frustrating saying to people, who immediately ask how to get a copy after playing it, that the only way to get it is through a print on demand company in the US, which thanks to the collapse of the pound is now pretty expensive with very expensive shipping.

So, I'm considering another hand-made edition. 100 copies this time. Again they'll be professionally printed, with the cards and box professionally laminated for durability. I'll make the boxes by hand, cut out and round the card corners and sign and number each copy.

I've taken several pre-orders over the last couple of months, but not enough to take the plunge and get back into (self-)publishing again. So I'm trying to hit the magic number.

Anyone who pre-orders through BGG I'll sell through the marketplace to so that Aldie and co. get their cut. It'll be 10 GBP + shipping (£4-5 dependent on destination).

If you're interested in owning a limited, hand-made, semi-coop card drafting game about Crazy Hippies vs. The Zombie Apocalypse that plays 3-8 players in 10 minutes, please either reply below or send me a mail.

Cheers,

Jack "Doesn't Learn From His Mistakes" Pope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for a copy please!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Put me down for a copy please!!!

Hiya Mike,

Thanks once again for your support - great to hear from you :-)

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you posted in the General Forum this morning.

I had no idea you were back or would have posted this in March.

(I sent you a couple Geekmails)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Glad you posted in the General Forum this morning.

I had no idea you were back or would have posted this in March.

(I sent you a couple Geekmails)

It's great to have such fans - thanks, Mike!

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Jackson, your blog has been a real inspiration for me in recent years and helped me keep designing at home alongside family duties and work. One comment - save your rulebook on bgg in low rez (ask your indesign guy to output for web or ebook) as 15MB is quite hefty and I worry it might put folk off with cruddy BB speed (like me!).

Good luck from a fellow home crafter!

edit: just looked at the 2-page file and this should be 1MB ish for screen viewing (99% of bggers), just resize your cards and any imaages for the rulebook or output as ebook/web on indesign/quark

edit: you might also want to reword your marketplace item on bgg as it reads as 'second hand' at present.

Tiny things, but just wanted to help get a great looking home-baked piece of art off the ground. BTW the cures had me in stitckes, they're so funny - i'll be ordering a game this week even though I have few ops for big group semi-co-op card play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your support - as suggested I'll upload a smaller rules file and change the listing so it doesn't look like it's second hand!

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Will,

I've uploaded a smaller rulebook (I got it down from 13Mb to 3.5).

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.