Hide
10 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Coins on island rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristiano Testa
msg tools
Is this in the pic right move? Can i put coins on this way to keep 3 coins? I did'nt understand if it is valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is wrong. You have to cover ALL squares (empty squares and squares with a coin or with negative points) left and below to the coin with a 2 you covered. Only squares you do not need to cover are those that give a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Testa
msg tools
So this f*cking island is useless ????????????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Silverman
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have a large misunderstanding on how placement rules work.

Faroe's not a great island, though, it's true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Testa
msg tools
Nono. I understood. But in the main board there are different green colors to guide the placement. Why in the island are not two kind of green colors? In my example there are not space under the coin... so i imagine there is not a obligation to cover other spaces.

I attach another example... in groenland we have two coins diagonals... but we have to cover all the island? Or this example in my photo is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Silverman
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you do not.

In order to cover an income space (any of the diagonal numbered spaces with the coin on them) you must cover every single space to the left of it, below it, and every space below or to the left of those spaces (essentially covering the *area* below and to the left).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Testa
msg tools
And in your opinion why the creator didn't color in different green colors those "areas"? I don't understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
cristianotesta wrote:
And in your opinion why the creator didn't color in different green colors those "areas"? I don't understand.

The colors are irrelevant, the rules make very clear that the placement rules on the islands are the same as the placement rules on your home board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
cristianotesta wrote:

The colors are irrelevant, the rules make very clear that the placement rules on the islands are the same as the placement rules on your home board.

Exactly.

The rulebook states that "The placement areas [of your Home Board] depict growing squares in order to remind you of these placement rules."

The growing, shaded squares on the Home Board are only a visual reminder; they are not needed to validate the general placement rules: you must still honor them in order to cover an income space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Testa
msg tools
I thinked that an island has a different approch because is not so "defined" and it contains rocks and differents areas (with different diagonals)... so in my (wrong) opinion, if there is a rock on the left this rock is all the left squares i need to cover to keep my coins. I'm wrong, ok, but a different green colors maybe could make it more clear... specially if you consider that in "translation" of rulebook we missed maybe others important informations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.