Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Constantinople» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action Counter (use of the Emperor Token) and non historical play question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Lencastre
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, first congrats on this game! Here's to hoping the iOS version (at least on the iPad) will also show the map. So...

1) Am I missing something or the Emperor token is useless?
I imagine it was meant to cover a 0 to 4 action meter so you would no forget how many actions you performed on each turn.

Also helpful would be, a neat cheat sheet with sequence of turn, like withdraw event card, resolver oponents, etc... choose X number of the following actions etc etc...

2) Which of the following cases applies?
a) when you withdraw an event card showing a new army not on the board (e.g.: Turks) it immediately replaces the army on that track (e.g.: Persians) and you also move that army one space (Turks start on step #2 and move straight to step #1) and finally you can safely ignore the event where that army is meant to appear for the first time
b) if you withdraw an event card showing a new army (Turks) not on the board (Persians), nothing happens (that is, you don't move the Persians, nor you bring in the Turks) with that army UNTIL the event card asking to "deactivate" the Persians and bring in the Turks. It "fizzles".
c) something else entirely?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The emperor token has no use. It is a remnant of an earlier prototype.

Only named opponents advance. If Turks are named but they are not yet placed no advancement happens. So option b from your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Lencastre
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

BTW... I made an action counter, with 4 chips, taking the number of chips indicated on the card and discarding one by one as you perform actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.