One Deck Dungeon» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Chris when you kickstart the expansion. Will you also be doing certain add on's of say the updated rulebook,cards (ie the archer) or even the hearts? if you already have the game, so it can be added with the expansion? That would be good for those who already have the game.
Do you have a rough launch date for the expansion?
Not sure if this has already been asked. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll have an add-on available for cards + heroes. Hearts are pretty easy to get elsewhere (i.e. Meeplesource) so we don't have plans to add those to the KS specifically.

We're aiming to launch in early April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
angelkurisu wrote:
We'll have an add-on available for cards + heroes. Hearts are pretty easy to get elsewhere (i.e. Meeplesource) so we don't have plans to add those to the KS specifically.

Sorry for the question, but how much will be the postage to Europe? I don't know how much it was in the last kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Archidelic wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

Sorry for the question, but how much will be the postage to Europe? I don't know how much it was in the last kickstarter.

I think this is the reason why I didn't back it and waited for retail as I was looking forward to kickstarting ODD then when it finally came on KS I didn't back as thought would wait for retail rather than pay the postage. Though it took AGES to get to retail so am hoping shipping for the expansion will be good :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

Wonder where I can get mini wooden meeple hearts in the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Wonder where I can get mini wooden meeple hearts in the UK?

http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=1865#.WM59o2VmD...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Though it took AGES to get to retail so am hoping shipping for the expansion will be good :-)

And with a name like DragonFly ... you need an avatar, so have some gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Archidelic wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

I think this is the reason why I didn't back it and waited for retail as I was looking forward to kickstarting ODD then when it finally came on KS I didn't back as thought would wait for retail rather than pay the postage. Though it took AGES to get to retail so am hoping shipping for the expansion will be good :-)

One of the reasons i don't back games that much, is the postage to Europe... always so expensive Do you remember how much it was for ODD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
cafin8d wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
Though it took AGES to get to retail so am hoping shipping for the expansion will be good :-)

And with a name like DragonFly ... you need an avatar, so have some gold.

Thanks, I have no idea how geekgold works???? Just doing an edit think I figured it out???!!!, but yet still unsure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Archidelic wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
Archidelic wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

One of the reasons i don't back games that much, is the postage to Europe... always so expensive Do you remember how much it was for ODD?

Can't remember off the top of my head. Just hope the expansion will be affordable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
DragonFly90 wrote:

Can't remember off the top of my head. Just hope the expansion will be affordable.

No prob, thank you
Me too, since that game is light, the expansion must be even ligthier, $6 would be a good price for postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Postage to europe will be in the $20-25 range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
angelkurisu wrote:
Postage to europe will be in the $20-25 range.

Oh i am so sorry, I wouldn't be able to back with postage so high... It is the price I paid for the game at retail. I am so sorry, would really love to back it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hauser
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately creators have very little control over the prices paid to ship things. Those prices are controlled by shipping companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
jhauser42 wrote:
Unfortunately creators have very little control over the prices paid to ship things. Those prices are controlled by shipping companies.

Yeah i know :/ it sucks. Unfortunately, I will pass this kickstarter, but I will buy the revised version of the game and the expansion when it retails, even if I have the first version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Archidelic wrote:
jhauser42 wrote:

Yeah i know :/ it sucks. Unfortunately, I will pass this kickstarter, but I will buy the revised version of the game and the expansion when it retails, even if I have the first version

This is why I didn't get it first time round. Some KS can do the postage at cheaper rates and then others seem to be higher. Such a small game would think it would be cheaper...but I don't know how it works and am sure they try their best to get the cheapest option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some folks skirt customs and VAT laws to drive down prices. Others have legitimate European partners. We don't have the latter, and have no intention of doing the former, sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the expansion have a name? There is no entry for the expansion on BGG?

I would like to promote the kickstarter campaign for the expansion by adding it on this geeklist : https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/192002/prelaunched-kickst...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Some folks skirt customs and VAT laws to drive down prices. Others have legitimate European partners. We don't have the latter, and have no intention of doing the former, sorry!

Fair enough Chris thanks for letting us know. I backed Mottanai but thought that the postage was cheaper than ODD to EU countries, maybe I am wrong it was awhile ago now so can't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
We'll have an add-on available for cards + heroes.

I know you've said elsewhere that the expansion is planned to be at Gen Con this year - will this add on be there as well? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We might have a small number after the Kickstarter, but not many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question. I guess we will be able to get also the base game since it's OOP everywhere?

And what about the pack offer on the website (Caliana and the Phoenix Den)? Will an official version of these be included in the next expansion or as a KS promo?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game will be back in print in about 3-4 weeks. You'll also be able to order it through the Kickstarter together with the expansion.

We're trying to make Caliana + the Phoenix available through the BGG Store as promos, just have to get some printing logistics worked out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
angelkurisu wrote:
The base game will be back in print in about 3-4 weeks. You'll also be able to order it through the Kickstarter together with the expansion.

We're trying to make Caliana + the Phoenix available through the BGG Store as promos, just have to get some printing logistics worked out!

Will the new printrun have the fixed cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
The print run coming shortly will be v1.5, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.