Thomas Beaudry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi,

I played my first game of October without reading the legacy deck

Spoiler (click to reveal)
(which asks you to find patient zero). We had chose as an end-game upgrade for September to build a vaccine factory in a city (since we got the stickers for completing the 3 objects of the immunologist dna, gene, folder). In hindsight i guess you can't place a vaccine factory in a city at the end of the game since there was no factory built that game. Do i need to play this month again to find patient zero or will it just give me my first factory? Or is it ok that i won w/o finding him, and I just give myself a loss for the fist game (that i didn't play - to find patient zero), and a win for the second game that we did win.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
waveflux wrote:
Hi,

I played my first game of October without reading the legacy deck (which asks you to find patient zero). We had chose as an end-game upgrade for September to build a vaccine factory in a city (since we got the stickers for completing the 3 objects of the immunologist dna, gene, folder). In hindsight i guess you can't place a vaccine factory in a city at the end of the game since there was no factory built that game. Do i need to play this month again to find patient zero or will it just give me my first factory? Or is it ok that i won w/o finding him, and I just give myself a loss for the fist game (that i didn't play - to find patient zero), and a win for the second game that we did win.

Thanks!

How'd you get the gene sequence DNA sample without finding Patient Zero? You shouldn't have been able to open Box 7 yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beaudry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
well unless i did it wrong (and i already threw out my old cards but)

gene sequence = finding the virologist
dna = finding the immunologist
folder = finding the paranoid solider

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure u did it wrong

patient zero has the dna and the immunologist just lets you collate the 3 items together and allows you to open the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beaudry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
so if Stuart is right, then hypothetically:

if i played October and found patient zero on the first game. On the second game i could be building the vaccine factories? Or is there some other major thing that I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct

If you find patient zero in the first half of October but lose the game then you can build vaccine factories and vaccinate in the second half

Stuart is correct:
Finding the immunologist gives you the checklist and allows you to open door 30 which is the sticker for package 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beaudry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Okay thanks guys! I guess taking a 3 month break in between August and September was a bad idea - we kind of were confused when starting.

I really think they should have given 3 plastic or cardboard tokens as rewards for finding the necessary items to unlock box 7 - but oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.