Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Jump Drive» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mirror Solitaire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Kaplounenko
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I now have full access to your systems.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This variant attempts to avoid adding any mechanisms that would make the gameplay slower than the multiplayer version.

Play the game normally, but assume you have a single opponent with cards always identical to yours in their tableau. Your objective is to get to 45 (normal) or 50 (hard) points. You have six turns. Go!

You may wish to discard the top card of the deck each turn into a separate pile to keep track of turns.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
megawidget wrote:

You may wish to discard the top card of the deck each turn into a separate pile to keep track of turns.


simple neat idea cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the simplicity of the "mirror" variant, but it will make all the "other player" cards more powerful than they should be.

My alternative so far has been to just play without an opponent, but that makes them all underpowered.

Not a huge deal, but slightly frustrating, either way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
your opponent always has half of what you have, rounding up (easier) or down (harder)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kaplounenko
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I now have full access to your systems.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
I like the simplicity of the "mirror" variant, but it will make all the "other player" cards more powerful than they should be.


Not necessarily true. In a normal 4 player game it's not unlikely for the "other player" cards to actually be stronger than in the solitaire version.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
megawidget wrote:
peakhope wrote:
I like the simplicity of the "mirror" variant, but it will make all the "other player" cards more powerful than they should be.


Not necessarily true. In a normal 4 player game it's not unlikely for the "other player" cards to actually be stronger than in the solitaire version.


This is true if you can poach on another player's strategy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kaplounenko
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I now have full access to your systems.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leifr wrote:

This is true if you can poach on another player's strategy.


If you could, why would you ever not? wow
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.