Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems there's nothing close to consensus on which part of expansion is worth including, and which is not.

How to play with all 5 factions in way that will be most pleasant&balanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Murkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only use the 5th player expansion (the rat). So no new Old World cards, victory conditions, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick DeGeest
United States
Fort Pierce
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, The Horned Rat Chaos Cards are much better. The new Old World Cards are more challenging so use the original cards if you want an easier game and the expansion cards if you want a more difficult game. The upgrade cards are mixed, IMO... I enjoy both and haven't found one set to be superior to the other.

I've never cherry-picked specific elements so I can't comment on that. However, should the game ever need something to spice it up, I wouldn't be opposed to mixing things up. I think drawing 5 random upgrade cards for each faction would be a fun way to mix things up and force new strategies into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ymrde Buno
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mb
I always prefer 5p game over 4p.
Only exception is when i play with some new players.

During setup, each player choose a god and then choose which deck he/she want to play. So it is very different for every game and it is work very well for us. Tight victory was every game. We really enjoy this variety and there is no deck which seems less useful then other one.
Ofc every deck has own upgrade cards.

About old world cards, i just create smaller deck from all cards. There is no good cards for players right now, but there is no bad cards just for one god too.

I like pdegeest's idea about drawing upgrade cards, it is could really open a new way for strategies and less auto-choose cards. Only problem that i see with this is combination of two Khorne's upgrades: Vengeance and Cultist dice upgrade :-O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.