Colt Express» Forums » Variants

Subject: Tuco and Django Proposed House Rule / Marshal Expansion Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lapp
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hey folks, had a couple things I wanted some feedback on.

We've found that Tuco and Django are a bit meh compared to the other 5. We were thinking of doing a house rule as follows:

Tuco: Can shoot on a diagonal as well as up and down
Django: When knocking someone back after a shot, the character drops a loot

Other question, playing the Marshal seems a little complicated and you lose out on the fun of moving the Marshal. How are people liking the newest expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those house rules seem drastic, but, hey, if it works for you and your group, go for it.

Playing the Marshall isn't complicated at all other than putting a bit more thought into how you spend your bullets than a bandit would and that it can be really tough to pull off 4 of your goals as required. It's so so so much fun though, both as the Marshall and as the bandits vs the Marshall (punching the Marshall is extraordinarily gratifying, especially when it leads to a different bandit getting arrested).

I love the expansion(s) to pieces. They have completed the game for me. Can't recommend it enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
I have my doubts I would ever play Colt Express again without the Marshal&Prisoners expansion: yes, it's that good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapp wrote:
Hey folks, had a couple things I wanted some feedback on.

We've found that Tuco and Django are a bit meh compared to the other 5. We were thinking of doing a house rule as follows:

Tuco: Can shoot on a diagonal as well as up and down
Django: When knocking someone back after a shot, the character drops a loot

Other question, playing the Marshal seems a little complicated and you lose out on the fun of moving the Marshal. How are people liking the newest expansion?

I actually disagree with Django being meh... he's one of my favorites. I use him to disrupt everyone's else's plans from a distance. It motivates me to shoot more.

Now, Tuco, should actually have someone drop loot only if he shoots them through the ceiling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.