Subject: 2020 A Gloomhaven Space Odysey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen LastNameHere
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Besides a class I'm working on, this is the only other thing I've been tossing around in the idea bucket bin. The way Issac has mechanical made this game screams to me space travel and exploration. I do not know if this has been mentioned in another thread before, but if it has I don't want to steal your thunder. I'm kicking around ideas using exploration part of this game for discovering new planets, or maybe a boss' secret base of operations. And the 'party' could be a crew of mercenaries/merchants/explorers/pirates etc etc just depending. But not only is there on classes to unlock and missions on foot to do, but add in the idea of space combat with ships. You dont need to change much, but maybe one party member has a small fighter ship (that has its own unique deck) and the rest of the crew "mans" the main ship with tier own decks. Anyways, only have a few ideas with nothing concrete but I think Gloomhavens system is a perfect fit for this kind of theme.
I think the community should take this idea and run with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p s
msg tools
I'll work on securing the rights to the Mass Effect mythos.

But yeah, the Gloomhaven game engine can be reskinned for pretty much any mythos, sci-fi included (and, considering board game mechanics are not subject to copyright law, I expect it'll eventually happen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's called Battlestations

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen LastNameHere
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
Yeah, it's called Battlestations

-shnar

I own and love that game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW THOMPSON
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
ganymede wrote:
I'll work on securing the rights to the Mass Effect mythos.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone reskin something to mass effect. We did it with the star wars saga edition RPG. SO much fun. I can kinda see how one could do it with gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Darkwulf
msg tools
I was just thinking the same thing! Have you made any progress on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.