Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Variants

Subject: Remove Clank Upon Escape rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
For more tension have players remove their clank from the board and dragon bag upon escaping the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. That could put a serious hurt on those still left in the dungeon. I, personally, wouldn't want to play this way...

And I like the thematic aspect of the dragon still chasing down the noisy thief, even though they've already escaped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boyle
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Yikes. Considering the guaranteed dragon attacks after a player escapes and the additional clank cubes drawn from the bag on each turn this will practically guarantee death for anyone who is stuck more than 1 or 2 turns behind the first player out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
InkAsylum wrote:
Yikes. Considering the guaranteed dragon attacks after a player escapes and the additional clank cubes drawn from the bag on each turn this will practically guarantee death for anyone who is stuck more than 1 or 2 turns behind the first player out.

Maybe this is the solution for people who want the rush-in/rush-out strategy to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely makes more thematic sense to take the cubes out. Since they represent damage you take during the dragon attack, if you're not in the dungeon anymore then how would you take damage? It is more dangerous for everyone else if there are less of you for the dragon to find! One variant I read that I want to try is that if you draw any cubes for a player who is out of the dungeon then you would draw just one more cube until it is either a black dragon cube or a cube of another color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remove from the board = fine, remove from the bag not only does not make thematic sense but also means you have to look in the bag and see what's there which is a big no...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Seijuro
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that it is not necessary to take out the clank, however, since everyone's clank cubes could be considered common knowledge, 30 - damage - clank on clank banner = clank in bag... some people ask me during play how many of their cubes are in the bag... easy enough to find out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Chang
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
heyheyjk wrote:
It definitely makes more thematic sense to take the cubes out. Since they represent damage you take during the dragon attack, if you're not in the dungeon anymore then how would you take damage?

When they're in the Clank box, they represent the accumulation of sounds you and the other players made. So I actually think it's more thematic to keep them in.

Imagine the dragon is roaming around, and it becomes aware of the thieves being present, chases down the thieves from the sound that they made - some escaped, some didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.