Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I announced a bunch of things about Apocrypha at the GAMA Trade Show, including the following:
* The release plan will have The World shipping this summer, The Flesh shipping in autumn, and The Devil likely in early 2018.
* The retail price will be $79.95 for The World and $39.95 for the expansions, with the 10-card hybrid mission promo pack going for $4.95.
* The rulebook is now available for your perusal.
* Because the game takes place in the modern day — that is, quite literally the day you are playing it — we will issue daily changes that will modify and enhance your gameplay.
* I also did a video about the game with The Dice Tower. The Apocrypha stuff starts about 2:52:00.

You can read more about all of this in this update. If you have any questions, fire away.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocrypha looks great and I'll have a look at the rulebook when I find the time. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sebren
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hey Mike you have the Devil listed in your post as Christmas 2018. That seems to go against your kick starter post and your interview. Intentional, or does the post need an edit?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadCowCult wrote:
Hey Mike you have the Devil listed in your post as Christmas 2018. That seems to go against your kick starter post and your interview. Intentional, or does the post need an edit?

Cheers

I'm guessing that 2018 was supposed to be 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadCowCult wrote:

Cheers

He said "Winter" 2018, not Christmas. So assuming it wasn't a typo, he likely meant something like February, 2018.

mike selinker wrote:

* The release plan will have The World shipping this summer, The Flesh shipping in autumn, and The Devil likely in winter 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
He said "Winter" 2018, not Christmas. So assuming it wasn't a typo, he likely meant something like February, 2018.

I did indeed. Might be a little later depending on when the best time to release a game in that period of time is. I edited it to be "early 2018."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
(...)
* Because the game takes place in the modern day — that is, quite literally the day you are playing it — we will issue daily changes that will modify and enhance your gameplay.
(...)

this is intriguing. i'm more eager (if possible) to play just now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
* The rulebook is now available for your perusal.

Is it fair to say that you don't want any feedback on the rulebook?

I don't necessarily have any feedback. I'm just assuming that the rulebook is already at the printer, so if I did have feedback it wouldn't be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
Is it fair to say that you don't want any feedback on the rulebook? I don't necessarily have any feedback. I'm just assuming that the rulebook is already at the printer, so if I did have feedback it wouldn't be helpful.

We are proofing the rulebook tomorrow. So if you caught an error right away we'd consider changing it, but it would need to be earthshakingly important for us to make a change on press thereafter.

Still, message me if you see anything. We would rather know about something before it hits shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a typo on page 7 under Archetypes, the word "being" is missing on line 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do The World, The Flesh, and The Devil line up with the content offered during the Kickstarter? Is that simply KS content doled out into 3 titles, or is there new content in those titles not offered in the KS package? Is there any KS content that won't be offered in one of the aforementioned games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
How do The World, The Flesh, and The Devil line up with the content offered during the Kickstarter? Is that simply KS content doled out into 3 titles, or is there new content in those titles not offered in the KS package? Is there any KS content that won't be offered in one of the aforementioned games?

This KickStarter update describes what is in each box:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

As far as I know, there is no KickStarter exclusive content in the game.

Edit: Ah, so there is exclusive content! Exactly one card, as described below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:

I think the Day One promo card is the only KS-exclusive content -- maybe the nine multicolor fragment promo cards too? But out of 1300+ cards, that's not many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:

There is no new content. The Kickstarter is being separated into three boxes for retail purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
toon_ace wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

I think the Day One promo card is the only KS-exclusive content -- maybe the nine multicolor fragment promo cards too? But out of 1300+ cards, that's not many.

The Day One promo card is the only thing that's Kickstarter/PledgeManager exclusive. The multicolor mission/fragment pack will be available for purchase by everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how this project and I assume this company keeps missing deadlines, do you honestly think they can handle issuing a daily challenge? Mike is a great guy, but is full of I will update in 2 to 3 days in the ks comments, and then a week later is when the update happens. never mind how late the project is in total. And how much time developing this daily challenge taken away from this unfulfilled project, and the other ks projects? I hope I am wrong but I am going to guess that we will get daily challenges up until the first big con and then things will start running late only to be done in less than six months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
Considering how this project and I assume this company keeps missing deadlines, do you honestly think they can handle issuing a daily challenge?

I didn't understand these to be daily challenges, so much as minor rules changes from day to day. E.g., on Halloween, witches are sexier, but harder to seduce. Which is actually true, by the way.

Anyway, for all I know, Lone Shark already has all 365 rules written. Or 366 if 2018 is a leap year. (They've promised to do one per day for a year, I think.)

Regardless, these "today only!" updates sound awesomely fun. I'm optimistic that they'll work out, even if others have their doubts.

Edit: If I do have a "concern", it's that the Apocrypha rulebook was more daunting than I expected. As someone who has played 150+ games of the Pathfinder ACG, I didn't expect the rules terminology and card structure (iconography, effects formatting, etc.) to be completely new. In some cases, there were passages in the rulebook that I simply didn't understand - even after multiple readings. Some of this confusion was due to the overwhelming quantity of new terminology, but some of it wasn't. I'm sure my brain will cope with neural rewiring, but it may take a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@TeawithDice
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just really hope that there is another "How To Play" video with all of the updated rules. That should really help players break past the heavy content of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EloquentRune wrote:
I just really hope that there is another "How To Play" video with all of the updated rules. That should really help players break past the heavy content of the rule book.

There will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many more KS projects will Lone Shark launch before (if) they deliver on this one? Funding will be lower for each one because backers must eventually catch on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
How many more KS projects will Lone Shark launch before (if) they deliver on this one? Funding will be lower for each one because backers must eventually catch on.

I figure they are going to be like greater than games, and deliver the second or third kickstarter before delivering this one in full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:

I figure they are going to be like greater than games, and deliver the second or third kickstarter before delivering this one in full.

Hope that the sheer amount of art for this project lead to the extreme delays. I am just not a fan of companies which launch new projects when their flagship project is over a year behind schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
How many more KS projects will Lone Shark launch before (if) they deliver on this one?

Mike Selinker mentioned in this post that there are no upcoming Kickstarters for Lone Shark. More specifically:

We'll still be playtesting the two expansions in April. We have no Kickstarters on the docket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:
How many more KS projects will Lone Shark launch before (if) they deliver on this one?

Mike Selinker mentioned in this post that there are no upcoming Kickstarters for Lone Shark. More specifically:

We'll still be playtesting the two expansions in April. We have no Kickstarters on the docket.

Maybe not for them. But thus got delayed because they did wiz kids escape rooms , pacg for piazo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.