Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Please confirm my understanding:
Swedish Artillery can stack with infantry
Russian artillery cannot stack

Thanks

(am assuming this is because Russian guns are larger or something)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
Per the last bullet of 4.2.4 see rule 13.1.5 for stacking with Russian Redoubt (artillery) units in the Poltava game. Per that rule the Russian player can stack 1 infantry unit with a Redoubt.

The Russian artillery units represent Redoubts (and that is what is printed on the counters). These units have an intrinsic infantry garrison as well as artillery crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
phrohrba wrote:
Per the last bullet of 4.2.4 see rule 13.1.5 for stacking with Russian Redoubt (artillery) units in the Poltava game. Per that rule the Russian player can stack 1 infantry unit with a Redoubt.

The Russian artillery units represent Redoubts (and that is what is printed on the counters). These units have an intrinsic infantry garrison as well as artillery crew.

I was thinking of the Narva game. Since the main rules specify that you can stack Swedish arty, but is silent with the Russians, I am assuming that Russians cannot stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
OK. Indeed, in the Narva game Russian units cannot stack with their artillery units. That said, as an optional rule allow the Russian player to stack 1 infantry unit with an artillery unit (same as in the Poltava game). I'll ask that this option be added to the addenda file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.