Subject: Feedback on enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan Marjoribanks
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
I'm thinking about the Silver tower and how it could thematically transcend the old world / AoS settings. I've scratched some first draft stuff up and would appreciate some input or feedback.

The Gaunt Summoner may be a bit OP but I have literally scratched these today and zero playtesting has been done.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8tfy39z1bxet95/AADbBXii9JkSZIxMp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I think in regards to nemesis characters in general is that I'd design them with a particular scenario in mind (a quest with peril effects as well as perhaps a creature combination *enemy deck*) that they'd be very powerful with, and then imagine them as a henchmen in other scenarios.

For example, Snak Kraggle can be extremely difficult on his paritcular quest. Though, if he winds up being in the campaign pool and you have to fight him alongside the abomination...you see him as more of a henchmen to the abomination, who is synergizing with whatever quest/peril effects that are happening on his quest.

That in mind, i think the summoner would be crazy powerful as a henchmen character. Though, if you wanted to create a similar effect. perhaps, I'd tone the nemesis effect to 1 creature. and make 2 creatures happen under some peril effect.

the main characteristic of the summoner might be reworked to some sort of thematic equivalent to whatever he does in the silver tower game. The effect of the engineer enemy could provide some inspiration to draw from.

Just my thoughts on it, could be oversights in my logic xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Marjoribanks
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
You make some solid points. At this point I'm largely spitballing right now. I think you have the right of it when you say enemies should fit their quest. I'm going to have a think about synergy between nemesis and peril (you make a good point on that one) and come back with something more. Thanks for the ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.