Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Path of Light and Shadow» Forums » General

Subject: any updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Any News on this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Any News on this?


HI!

We are just finishing up prototypes to mail out to reviewers. This is a biiiiiiig game.

We plan to launch on KS May 2nd. It will be the biggest and most elaborate game either of our companies has tackled.

Anything in particular anyone want to know?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Thanks. What kind of game is this?? Deckbuilder, minatures game, work re=placement?? and I know it says 2-4 is there solo rules involved or is that not possible. The box cover looks good.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Thanks. What kind of game is this?? Deckbuilder, minatures game, work re=placement?? and I know it says 2-4 is there solo rules involved or is that not possible. The box cover looks good.


It is an empire building game. It has a lot going on. Players will be vying for area control, but rather than utilizing an army of minis, they will simply have their leader on the table, while their forces are their deck.

Over the course of the game, players will gain new followers to their deck, deciding to cull them or promote them. Deckbuilder is not a term we use, as you never "buy" or "choose" what followers you have. To emulate what being a would-be ruler feels like, you instead attract the attention of people based on which province you are in. These cards allow them to conquer, build technological wonders, cull, and promote their cards. All of this is done while walking a path of cruelty or mercy, which will further impact your cards, your empire, etc.

Alas, there will be no solo game.

So, to answer your question, it is many things.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Action Phase wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
Thanks. What kind of game is this?? Deckbuilder, minatures game, work re=placement?? and I know it says 2-4 is there solo rules involved or is that not possible. The box cover looks good.


It is an empire building game. It has a lot going on. Players will be vying for area control, but rather than utilizing an army of minis, they will simply have their leader on the table, while their forces are their deck.

Over the course of the game, players will gain new followers to their deck, deciding to cull them or promote them. Deckbuilder is not a term we use, as you never "buy" or "choose" what followers you have. To emulate what being a would-be ruler feels like, you instead attract the attention of people based on which province you are in. These cards allow them to conquer, build technological wonders, cull, and promote their cards. All of this is done while walking a path of cruelty or mercy, which will further impact your cards, your empire, etc.

Alas, there will be no solo game.

So, to answer your question, it is many things.


Thanks for replying, good luck with the KS
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks promising. I see that you can play with just 2 players. How was the play testing results with just 2 players?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It works surprisingly well as a head to head experience. Ultimately, your performance in the game is always how well you police your rivals, like in all good area control games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Any plans to expand to 5-6 players?
Maybe as Stretchgoals (As long as u get it playtested in time)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalman wrote:
Any plans to expand to 5-6 players?
Maybe as Stretchgoals (As long as u get it playtested in time)


Currently, the game just supports 2-4. We may expand this in future content, but not on the initial release.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Russell
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Travis
Will there be any copies going out for review before and during the KS campaign, so we can get an idea of game play?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! We sent a number out, beyond the playtester testimonials
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cesar fdez
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. Im intrigued. Looking for you in may Good luck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Russell
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
Indeed! We sent a number out, beyond the playtester testimonials
Thanks Travis. One other question if I may: how complex do you consider the game to be? ie if you had to rate it using the BGG 'Weight' system where a 3 is medium.

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barmybee wrote:
Action Phase wrote:
Indeed! We sent a number out, beyond the playtester testimonials
Thanks Travis. One other question if I may: how complex do you consider the game to be? ie if you had to rate it using the BGG 'Weight' system where a 3 is medium.

Thanks


Hmmm. I do not know that I have the objectivity to answer that in a fair manner. I would say it's deep, very deep. I do think there is a quite a bit to process in your first game, but the game rewards plays. Many plays. All of the potential strategies intersect in awesome and balanced ways.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Russell
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I suppose you're very close to the game so find it pretty easy anyway! Do you have a feel for what the play testers have said? What I'm wondering is whether your game is as complex as a Lacerda game or more on the level of a typical Feld, or perhaps inbetween!

The reason for my question is that I see you're suggesting an age of 14+ which sounds like a complex game. I have a bright 12-year-old who plays games with me but, despite his strategic brain, he does have limits!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.