Subject: Moving Villagers Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I was just a little confused with how it was worded in the rule book. But can you only move a villager once per turn? Or can you move a villager to a resource spot, then back to town, in the same turn. Just can't move 2 villagers to 2 resource spots?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Not got my copy or the latest rules yet but I don't think there is anything stopping moving the same villager twice, but resources are only generated when a villager is present in a resource camp during the collection phase so not sure what the benefit would be

Edit: Found another earlier version of the rules and a resource spawns when a villager is placed on the camp in this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
My rules say when you move the villager there, add a resource token on him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that they have updated the rules since the ones I downloaded sometime ago.

EDIT: As mentioned in the reply to your other question I have got a pdf copy of the latest rule book after all.

There does not seem to be anything against this in the rules and the example in the book shows the same villager being moved to and then from the same stone camp/quarry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can move a villager to and from a camp/tower or space... etc.

you get three actions, moving villagers are limied (says on the character sheet which actions are limited to 1/turn) except destiny breaks that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You totally can move and then return a villager. It's a great way to soak 1-2 turn actions and gather resources. Crucial sometimes in early game set up strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
I guess that they have updated the rules since the ones I downloaded sometime ago.

EDIT: As mentioned in the reply to your other question I have got a pdf copy of the latest rule book after all.

There does not seem to be anything against this in the rules and the example in the book shows the same villager being moved to and then from the same stone camp/quarry.

The back of the rule book says resources are generated during the upkeep phase, which helps lead to the confusion. In a 2nd edition this should be cleaned up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.