Mini Rogue» Forums » General

Subject: First play...first victory. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few minutes ago I ended my first play at Mini Rogue.
I won!

It's never good news when trying a game for the first time you win immediately. When something is too easy you don't get enough satisfaction.
And if I won without any strategiy means also that the game is or too easy or too oriented on luck.
But it was very fun to play and this is good!

I want to play again actually. And read the rules again to be sure that I didn't forget something important (and maybe this was the reason why I won so easily)

I fall into the pit twice...maybe that's why I won. I take two shortcuts with a minimum damage. so it's better to fall into the pit than walking in the rooms. Even if I jump so many rooms I had maximum XP, maximum Armor and almost maximum HP in the last room.

Problems!
This game need more cards! Absolutely. At least another 5 or 6.
The player shaffle all of them and that use only 6 of them. So you never know what you can find in the next rooms.

This game need more enemies (even smaller one..that's not important) because it has too many "good cards".

Can you imagine a Dungeon fulfilled of any kind of trasure in any rooms and just one enemy? So please when you add new cards let them be "dangerous ones"!

Another thing that I don't like very mush is that the monster in the event card is more powerful than the final boss!
To be honest the last section of the dungeons was the easiest of all the other! Just one enemy and I also avoid it! Prices, gond, items, spells and no monsters. Then the final boss the I won with two lucky draws of dice.

You should find a way to force the game to be more difficult in the last two levels. Yes, enemies are tougher but the player has also 4 dice (or three if unlucky)!

In any case a good game! I really hope to see more cards. I read that someone add other cards but with a different "art style". I hope he will do also the same cards in the original style of the game.

PS The back of the Boss cards is the same of the common cards...if you change the back it is easier to setup the areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kotetsujeeg wrote:
A few minutes ago I ended my first play at Mini Rogue.
I won!

It's never good news when trying a game for the first time you win immediately. When something is too easy you don't get enough satisfaction.
And if I won without any strategy means also that the game is or too easy or too oriented on luck.
But it was very fun to play and this is good!

Indeed, this is a problem that we've identified with the current rules. The game can run a bit on the easy side with the Normal difficulty.

Quote:
I want to play again actually. And read the rules again to be sure that I didn't forget something important (and maybe this was the reason why I won so easily)

I fall into the pit twice...maybe that's why I won. I take two shortcuts with a minimum damage. so it's better to fall into the pit than walking in the rooms. Even if I jump so many rooms I had maximum XP, maximum Armor and almost maximum HP in the last room.

Most of the time skipping two levels in a game if you're under leveled means death but if you had a good Rank it's almost a blessing.

Quote:
Problems!
This game need more cards! Absolutely. At least another 5 or 6.
The player shuffle all of them and that use only 6 of them. So you never know what you can find in the next rooms.

The new version has more cards. Worry not!

Quote:
This game need more enemies (even smaller one..that's not important) because it has too many "good cards".

Can you imagine a Dungeon fulfilled of any kind of treasure in any rooms and just one enemy? So please when you add new cards let them be "dangerous ones"!

The new version has double the enemies and double the traps.

Quote:
Another thing that I don't like very mush is that the monster in the event card is more powerful than the final boss!

Uhm, that's not normal if you're carefully reading how to generate its stats, the event monster is the same as a regular Monster from the room card.

Quote:
To be honest the last section of the dungeons was the easiest of all the other! Just one enemy and I also avoid it! Prices, gond, items, spells and no monsters. Then the final boss the I won with two lucky draws of dice.

You should find a way to force the game to be more difficult in the last two levels. Yes, enemies are tougher but the player has also 4 dice (or three if unlucky)!

The difficulty is now more balanced, playtest should help us further balance this aspect! Thanks for your feedback it's really appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answer!
Cannot wait to see the new game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.