Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Since I am a total noob at this game (but not gaming in general) and this is an unusual combat system – want to make sure I did them right.
From Narva:
The Nyland I & II cavalry regiments charge F Balk regiment in the breastworks
The Finnish cavalry have combat factors of 4 & 3 But don’t appear to have modifiers
Finns roll a D10 and get a 6: so now at 13
Fins get a DRM of +3 (7-4), now at 16
Cavalry charge +2, now at 18
Moving attacking +1, now at 19
The Russians have a defense factor of 4;
Breastworks give a DF of +1, now at 5
Russians roll a D10 and get a 4, now at 9
Russians get morale bonus of 0 (4-7, chart only says +, not +/1), so still 9
Finns 19 – Russian 9 = 10
Final result is > 2 x Russian morale of 4 = route 4 hexes
D10 = 3, so no step loss

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
Assuming all of your DRMs are correct, then yes, you have resolved the combat correctly. But the following are probably errors:

I question the +1 DRM since that is only applied when the attacker is performing combat first, then moving (per 7.2.1, b and listing of Combat Table DRMs).

You also forgot to check to see if the Russian F Balk infantry could form square (per 8.3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
phrohrba wrote:
Assuming all of your DRMs are correct, then yes, you have resolved the combat correctly. But the following are probably errors:

I question the +1 DRM since that is only applied when the attacker is performing combat first, then moving (per 7.2.1, b and listing of Combat Table DRMs).

You also forgot to check to see if the Russian F Balk infantry could form square (per 8.3).

I also just learned that cavalry are not supposed to charge across breastworks. Which brought up the question, in the Narva game, is there a difference between breastwork and trenches? Both are mentioned in rules, and they look different on the map, but the TEC only has breastworks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
Correct, cavalry cannot charge into or across breastworks, trenches or redoubts (any type of field works).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
korvessa wrote:
[q="phrohrba"]

Thanks, totally misread that one. I understand it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.