Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I just heard so much about Arkham Horror Card Game and watched some play throughs and reviews and read a bunch, I'm hooked. I purchased a auction lot containing 1 core, Dunwich Legacy, Curse of Rouarou, Carnevale of Horrors, Miskatonic with a nice mat and wooden organizer(which doesnt hold all the cards).in the box is core and Dunwich, I'm thinking it may be best if I only started with core, does that make sense or should I just start with Dunwich mixed in? If I were to seperate them how would I do that? I don't see anywhere that tells what icons differentiate sets. I been reading posts for ever and getting more confused but more and more excited about this game. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions and sorry for asking something that may be posted but I'm getting overwhelmed with the amount of community input for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core is the five point Elder Sign star. Dunwitch is the... barn and silo, I think. Not 100% sure off hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably easiest to learn the game by just using the starter decks that FFG provide.
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/15/ed...

If you aren't going to use those then feel free to build decks using the Core and Dunwich and Miskatonic, you can mix the the player cards if you want to. They do have little icons on the bottom of the cards that show what set they are from.

StarkeRealm wrote:
Core is the five point Elder Sign star. Dunwitch is the... barn and silo, I think. Not 100% sure off hand.

Yeah that sounds right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started separating cards,thanks Michael. And printed that great deck starter sheet, just what I need Nigel. Im gaining my sanity back slowly, I'll try 1st game this weekend. Super fast replies, thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have all the rules and campaign guides?

You should have:
- Learn to Play (booklet, came in core set)
- Rules Reference (booklet, came in core set)
- Night of the Zealot campaign guide (booklet, came in core set)
- Curse of the Rougarou scenario guide (series of cards, came in Curse of the Rougarou scenario pack)
- Carnevale of Horrors scenario guide (series of cards, came in Carnevale of Horrors scenario pack)
- Dunwich Legacy campaign guide (booklet, came in Dunwich Legacy expansion)
- Miskatonic Museum scenario guide (sheet, came in Miskatonic Museum mythos pack)

I ask because the campaign and scenario guides are where you will find the icons that show which cards belong to which set (at least for everything other than than the core set), and are necessary to play those campaigns/scenarios.

(And you'll find the Learn to Play and Rules Reference booklets usefull for obvious reasons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm! No I don't, are they downloadable? Just emailed seller but didnt see other than directions and another in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
Hmmm! No I don't, are they downloadable? Just emailed seller but didnt see other than directions and another in it.

The Rules are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

but they really should be included in your auction lot, along with the Campaign Guides, which are necessary for play and which are not officially available online. Your seller has provided you with an (officially) unplayable product without those Campaign Guides.

Unless "directions and another in it" is the Rules and Campaign Guides, I don't know what you mean there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, yeah if you didn't get any of the campaign material, if the seller can't make that right, I'd consider returning it. That's pretty important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gregg
Australia
Lenah Valley
Tas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
The Rules are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

but they really should be included in your auction lot, along with the Campaign Guides, which are necessary for play and which are not officially available online.

The campaign guide for the Dunwich legacy campaign are officially available at the link you provided. Surprisingly the guide for the core campaign are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it all now,I didn't now 2 of them were printed on cards and double checked box. Separated expansions and made 2 starter decks and read a lot last night .can't wait to play,just have to wait for wife to come back home now . Now the kids will make me insane, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odgregg wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:

but they really should be included in your auction lot, along with the Campaign Guides, which are necessary for play and which are not officially available online.

The campaign guide for the Dunwich legacy campaign are officially available at the link you provided. Surprisingly the guide for the core campaign are not.

Night of the Zealot is the core campaign. It's on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.