Ukrainian Crisis & The Little War» Forums » General

Subject: Got my copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, got my copy today. May be one of the firsts to get theirs. I had played Ukrainian Crisis once at a convention with Brian Train's assistance. Glad to have a nicely made copy. The box is a little 'fresh' smelling, likely from the component construction process. Also seems the maps are almost too big for the box dimensions but it is fine.

The maps themselves look great. My main big shout out is for the counters. I love them, Thick, very easy to remove from the sheet, and clack together nicely. More game companies need to do counters like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steven, yes I guess you are one of the first!
I know I haven't received mine yet....

Blue Panther does a good job.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, BP's work is fantastic. I'm really loving the quality of the Hollandspiele counters from the first three games that I've gotten from them.

This one hasn't been ordered yet, but I will be getting this when I place my next order. Waiting for Supply Lines and Optimates et Populares and will get all three together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Heron
Poland
Krakow
małopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the smell (varnish I imagine) go away eventually? I ask because I'm intrigued by this design and like the aesthetic of the Hollandspiele version, but my wife is very sensitive to smells...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
paulh76 wrote:
Did the smell (varnish I imagine) go away eventually? I ask because I'm intrigued by this design and like the aesthetic of the Hollandspiele version, but my wife is very sensitive to smells...

So, the counter-smell has been a persistent issue for all our games that we've been working with our printer on addressing. He is now allowing additional time after printing which should greatly diminish the smell (if not remove it completely).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Smell is greatly diminished, probably will go away faster if you punch the counters (so exposing more surface to the air).
But it would probably be a good idea to let it air out for a while in the garage or some pace with air circulation your wife won't go.

Besides that, you could put in a dryer sheet, or use any of the other tricks listed on the various "get rid of the smoke smell" threads lying around here.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Heron
Poland
Krakow
małopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom and Brian, that's good news indeed. And The Little War looks to be a very nice little 'companion' game.

Are there any plans for Vassal modules of these games? I'm aware of the old Ukrainian Crisis module, but I'm thinking specifically of the HS version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you like The Little War.

One thing I have to learn one of these days is how to make a Vassal module.
One day. Real Soon Now.

In the meantime, I have to rely on the kindness and spare time of stranger volunteers.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.