Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Thunderstone Quest - Print and play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a print and play version posted on their kickstart page as of 3/18. They did not state how long it would be there but appears free to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
vlaputa1313 wrote:
There is a print and play version posted on their kickstart page as of 3/18. They did not state how long it would be there but appears free to everyone.

Is anyone going to put it into Tabletop Simulator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
vlaputa1313 wrote:

Is anyone going to put it into Tabletop Simulator?

Somebody did and asked in the comments to the update if it was okay to make it publicly available. (Since the print 'n' play isn't hidden behind a pledge/pay wall, I can't see why it wouldn't be.) No answer (yet), though. Maybe he got one in the main comments, however. Too lazy to wade through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the p&p was a really cool surprise and something that should turn over anyone that doubted on how awesome this game will be in it's full form
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How am I supposed to print the cards in the PDF? There's one card per page. For print and play versions of games, I'm used to having 9 cards per page, so I can print it on standard card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahlan wrote:
How am I supposed to print the cards in the PDF? There's one card per page. For print and play versions of games, I'm used to having 9 cards per page, so I can print it on standard card stock.

I only skimmed through the cards, but someone in the comments of the Kickstarter asked the same question. Another backer responded saying their were instructions of some kind to print them 9 to a page. Maybe they are in the pdf for the rules? I didn't look through that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about checking your PDF reader's printing options before asking random people? It's a very basic option nowadays. Adobe Reader has it. All should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the Print option there should be a choice called Multiple. To print the cards you change pages to 9, or select custom and type 3 by 3 (so, 9 pages per page).

The Tokens PDF, you would do the same except type 7 by 7 under custom.

The Rooms file I printed 2 by 3. Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to reply back if they've played the PnP?

Nudge nudge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
msg tools
mbmbmb
vlaputa1313 wrote:
Played!

Care to share some impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely the step in the Thunderstone saga. The art is way better then anything they have made before. Some people have complained about it but as soon as I saw the Adventurer card print off, I was hooked. I am a fan of the franchise, I've played them all, and this one exceeded my expectations. There is a play though on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet. It seemed harder (more depth and choices) and easier at the same time (getting cards, xp, and leveling).

Can't wait for it to be finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlaputa1313 wrote:
The art is way better then anything they have made before. Some people have complained about it but as soon as I saw the Adventurer card print off, I was hooked.

I'm fairly certain nobody's ever complained about the Adventurer in particular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a two player game last night with my wife. It was fun but suffered from a problem I saw in earlier versions in that the end can drag a little if your hand prevents you from fighting higher level monsters.

The rules were also very bare bones (mostly expected) so some things were unclear or I missed it in my readthrough. An example is how much xp to level up an adventurer to level 1 or even a level 1 to level 2.

We both built a little of everything decks so if we play again I may try to focus on one or two classes, which I think the introduction of the quests will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phubbadaman wrote:
Played a two player game last night with my wife. It was fun but suffered from a problem I saw in earlier versions in that the end can drag a little if your hand prevents you from fighting higher level monsters.

The rules were also very bare bones (mostly expected) so some things were unclear or I missed it in my readthrough. An example is how much xp to level up an adventurer to level 1 or even a level 1 to level 2.

We both built a little of everything decks so if we play again I may try to focus on one or two classes, which I think the introduction of the quests will do.

Well if it was easy, then everyone would play it. I think with every game there is a learning curve but specializing in a class or two is the right way to go.

Leveling up is 2XP plus the Level you start from. So level 0 is 2XP (0+2XP), Level 1 to Level 2 is 3XP (1+2XP), etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Game Design Theory Lover !!!
badge
Wild Board Gamer !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I download the PNP version? The link on the Kickstarter page is now inactive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It is no longer available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Game Design Theory Lover !!!
badge
Wild Board Gamer !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdancey wrote:
It is no longer available.

What about the rulebook. Is it available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir laputa

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that they are nearly finished with the project and want to protect content/mechanics before the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.