Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario #76 - Massive Spoilers - do not read until scenario completed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Goal: Kill all Enemies

Problem: In every "kill them all" scenario I've played so far, there were enemies in every room. You can't just avoid rooms and say you killed everything unless the Scenario specifically says "kill all revealed enemies"

In this scenario, there is no enemy in the final room. So technically, killing the Gold Harrower (2player) in the next to last room would "end" the scenario (at the end of the round) But there is no way to know that until you burrow through into the last room.

We decided that the end couldn't trigger until we knew for certain there were no more enemies. So I would be able to break the wall, see what was in the room, and THAT would be the final round so my partner could run in and open the chest.

If we had know the setup of the whole scenario in advance, things would have been a lot easier.. simply because I would have been able to stun more monsters by breaking walls next to them instead of guessing incorrectly.

So does everyone agree that I qualify for following the next instruction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
While I may not be able to speak for everybody, personally, I would consider this a perfectly justifiable workaround. I mean, I'm not a hundred percent positive, but I don't believe rooms were intended to be kept entirely hidden from players. Assuming I'm correct in that regard, then I would not think that you should be punished for milking a little extra theme from the game, and enjoying a more exploratory experience, right? After all, as you yourself had said, things would have been a lot easier had you played it openly. So, please, by all means, do carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended after burrowing into the final room. The problem is, we burrowed in on our last action for the round, so we weren't able to grab the chest. We have not been "auto-looting" chests at the end as some people have, and I'm not super excited to play the whole thing again just to get the chest. If we had "cheated" and looked at the setup, it would have been trivial to prolong the game one more round so that we could get the chest. This left a bit of a bad taste for us(though it was overshadowed by having a character retire at the end of that scenario). Are the contents of this chest "interesting" enough that I should just grant it to our group, or should I just leave it unlooted as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
bwarner34 wrote:
We ended after burrowing into the final room. The problem is, we burrowed in on our last action for the round, so we weren't able to grab the chest. We have not been "auto-looting" chests at the end as some people have, and I'm not super excited to play the whole thing again just to get the chest. If we had "cheated" and looked at the setup, it would have been trivial to prolong the game one more round so that we could get the chest. This left a bit of a bad taste for us(though it was overshadowed by having a character retire at the end of that scenario). Are the contents of this chest "interesting" enough that I should just grant it to our group, or should I just leave it unlooted as normal?

You probably want it for the future. I think this scenario is the only one ive seen so far where you absolutley have to know the setup before you start playing, which is why I let us loot the chest. If we had known there was no monster in the last room we could have easily gotten the chest. No need to punish ourselves for not knowing we were ending the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwarner34 wrote:

Our group did similar, but we opened the last room on the same round that we killed the last enemy. (Technically opened the room before the enemy died, then the enemy died and scenario ended.)

We just re-ran the scenario and bee-lined for the chest. It gets a ton easier when you ignore like half of the rooms/enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
CrushU wrote:

We just re-ran the scenario and bee-lined for the chest. It gets a ton easier when you ignore like half of the rooms/enemies.
This is probably what we would have done, I expect, but we left a different room for last.

One potential houserule is add some enemies to the room when you get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.