Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Morgenthaler
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
A friend of mine and myself are planning to conduct a scenario from the Battle of the Bismarck Sea using WW2 Wings of Glory aircraft. The scenario depicts an Allied air attack on a Japanese convoy of six ships with fighter cover.
Attacking Allied aircraft included B17s, B25s, and Beaufighters. The Japanese convoy consisted of transports and destroyers sailing from Rabaul to Lae, New Guinea. The battle lasted three days with all of the Japanese ships being sunk.
Does anyone have a bombing procedure for attacking ships with B17s and B25s? What about bomb dispersal?

Dave in Texas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the battle in which the US introduced skip bombing, so you have pretty much picked the hardest thing.

EDIT: I incorrectly typed USN; obviously the airplanes in question were the Army's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
brianmccue wrote:
This was the battle in which the USN introduced skip bombing, so you have pretty much picked the hardest thing.

Brian replied first to present the ruling work to be done. My advice is to send a geekmail to the designer and ask his help. He's a kind person and will reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
This post should be moved to WORLD WAR II Rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention to details...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.