Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a max number of grain per field? I thought I got the impression that it was 3 but can't find the thread and it's not stated in the rules, plus I've never played original Agricola.

Same question perhaps a different way... can you sow the same field turn after turn? (With only the harvest reducing the number of grain)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You may only sow in empty fields. Normally you would place one grain or vegetable and add two grain or one vegetable to that, but occupations and/or improvements could change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I assume that this is based on how the original game plays since I don't see this in the rules and there are no vegetables in the Family edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct that maximum grain per field is not addressed in the rules. There are a number of rules that would be second nature to anyone who had played Agricola, but are unspecified in the Family Edition.

But yes, three grain is maximal per tile, and you cannot sew or re-sew a field unless it is currently empty of grain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the info guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the official ruling that the "empty field" rule still applies in the Family Edition: Re: Number of unclear rules

Further down in the thread, there's an acknowledgement that the omission of the rule from the rulebook was in error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.