Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
As is probably obvious by now, just got the game and am working my way through it.

The rules are pretty clear that when cav charges, it can only do so in one stack (i.e., two stacks can't charge one enemy stack)

But I am not sure about infantry.
9.1.3 An attack is designated by indicating which active units are attacking into one of their frontal hexes against defending units.

So can two stacks of infantry attack one stack of enemy, if that enemy is in the frontal arcs of both attacking units?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have access to the rules right now, but I believe that multiple infantry stacks can attack together.

In case you don't know, ATO has addenda available for this and other games on their website. Here's the link:

http://www.atomagazine.com/errata/errata_thunder.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
Yes, as long as the defending unit(s) are in all of the attacking units' frontal arcs then they can be combined in the attack. Please note that per 9.1.2 and 9.1.3 all attacks and attacking units must be declared before any are resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
phrohrba wrote:
Yes, as long as the defending unit(s) are in all of the attacking units' frontal arcs then they can be combined in the attack. Please note that per 9.1.2 and 9.1.3 all attacks and attacking units must be declared before any are resolved.

Thanks

Two more came up as I worked through Narva
1) Where do Russian routers go once the bridge collapses?
2) With combat resolutions, what happens when the final result is a tie?
I just treated it as a "no effect"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rohrbaugh
msg tools
designer
publisher
1. Russian units will continue to retreat towards the bridge even after it collapses (panic is a terrible thing).

2. In the unlikely event of a tie result you end up with a CCV of zero. Per the addenda file for 9.1.6 in the event of a tie the defender is the winner and the attacker's units would have to perform CCV die roll checks per the combat results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.