Subject: Colour consistency in Super Meeple edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy of the SM edition of Tikal today, and it looks great However, I noticed that the orange explorer meeples and scoring cube are significantly darker than the orange paint used on the boss meeple and tents... so much so that it's kind of difficult to tell the orange and red meeples apart (note: I have no colour blindness issues). For comparison, the red and orange tents are brightly coloured and well differentiated. Is this normal, or are my meeples defective?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
*polite cough to get attention* meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Iliopoulos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well you are right about the explorer meeples and scoring cubes being darker but in no case I would confuse the red with the orange ones. Maybe the light under which you see them affects the hue. Just saying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, the confusion is certainly less under high-light conditions (ie direct sunlight), but in other conditions, which are probably the conditions I'd be playing the game in, they're close enough that they're not easily discernible at a glance. To be clear I don't see them as the same colour.

However, if the meeples and cubes being darker is normal (thanks for confirming, btw!) then I'll live with it or paint the meeples a brighter orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
If you haven't already, check out Tikal ...French Edition Help needed please ... for more meeple color discussion, including plans to change the meeple colors in the next print run because of the red/orange similarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stlm wrote:
If you haven't already, check out Tikal ...French Edition Help needed please ... for more meeple color discussion, including plans to change the meeple colors in the next print run because of the red/orange similarity

Thanks! I did see that, but think my problem was a little different because if the meeples were the same colour as the tent, I wouldn't have a problem (although I agree it would be nice if they were a different colour altogether, as much as I like orange!), while the poster there had a problem with ALL the pieces. It was because of this I wasn't sure if my meeples were just defective. I guess I'll have to see what happens with the reprint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Take a picture showing the difference and send it to the publisher and see what they can do for you. It can't hurt to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if this color issue has been addressed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ray zoo
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
N Jones wrote:
Anyone know if this color issue has been addressed?

Would like to know this as well. Recently discovered this game and would like to get the French version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
For the 1st print in late 2016, we had a few feedbacks concerning the 2 colors red and orange that were too close. A very few feedbacks but still we do understand that it could have been done better. So we changed the orange for the 2nd print, it's lighter. So I guess the "problem" is fixed !

But concerning the difference of color between the tent, the meeples and the cube, that's not normal at all !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kat999 wrote:
For the 1st print in late 2016, we had a few feedbacks concerning the 2 colors red and orange that were too close. A very few feedbacks but still we do understand that it could have been done better. So we changed the orange for the 2nd print, it's lighter. So I guess the "problem" is fixed !

But concerning the difference of color between the tent, the meeples and the cube, that's not normal at all !

Oooh, would it be possible for me to get replacements for the meeples, then?

EDIT: as an FYI, I was contacted to be sent replacement meeples!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.