Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If I'm theoretically one move from a target that requires some amount of power to land but not a lander burn, this means I can just "say" which thruster I'm going to use and land without wasting fuel? What if I need afterburner to reach said power, do I then spend the fuel for the afterburner but no more?

Similar question: Can I jettison my engine and do an aerobrake landing with no power at all? Like maybe in order to split my rocket in two and send the refinery down by itself..

(Note I asked this on a separate thread, but felt that it was misplaced so I'm making a new thread for it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kaelistus wrote:
If I'm theoretically one move from a target that requires some amount of power to land but not a lander burn, this means I can just "say" which thruster I'm going to use and land without wasting fuel?

Yes. Incidentally, this is a major difference from 2nd edition: you cannot make fueled liftoff/landings anymore. Either your thrust is good enough or you can use factory assist or you are stuck.

Quote:
What if I need afterburner to reach said power, do I then spend the fuel for the afterburner but no more?

Yes.

Quote:
Can I jettison my engine and do an aerobrake landing with no power at all?

Yes, if there are no burns along the aerobrake path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:
Kaelistus wrote:
Can I jettison my engine and do an aerobrake landing with no power at all?

Yes, if there are no burns along the aerobrake path.

Don't you still need a functional thruster (even if it's one without fuel)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not along an aerobrake path. You can land with anything or nothing, as long as you don't go through another burn. You could land a single FFT if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Domfluff wrote:
Not along an aerobrake path. You can land with anything or nothing, as long as you don't go through another burn. You could land a single FFT if you like.

You don't need a thruster for aerobrakes, for factory assisted landings/liftoffs, or to use free burns remaining from a flyby (e.g. if you jettison your thruster after passing through the flyby.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I have this vision of dropping factories onto planets willy-nilly.

"Eh, maybe one or two will make it. That's enough."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.