Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most part I've never been a big fan of "card battle" type games, but recently I found one online that I've became a bit smitten with: Faeria.

https://www.faeria.com/

Essentially the game takes the typical card-vs-card formula and adds a variable board with resource management

Players must create different land types to be able to play different types (colors) of cards.
Additionally "mana" is mostly farmed from locations on the board, which must be protected.

I'm guessing there's probably something similar out there in the board game world - anybody have any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of a perfect fit, but there's games that share some aspects with it:

Mage Wars Arena adds a spatial element to your typical deck-construction mage vs. mage struggle.
In the Mage Wars Arena: Battlegrounds Domination variant, players also gain a special resource called V'tar by controlling orbs that are distributed over the arena.

Summoner Wars uses pre-constructed decks with limited customization and also features a board. It uses cards as your only resource, though.

Your description also reminded me of Lagoon: Land of Druids, which is about 'creating' a board by placing and flipping hex tiles. Each tile generates one of three resources and is otherwise similar to a card in games like MtG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response,

Battlegrounds Domination sounds like it might have a lot of the mentioned elements, from what info I can find on it - this is an expansion that doesn't seem to have a super strong following as far as reviews, etc.

Lagoon doesn't really fit except for the variable board thing - but I have to admit, I watched a review of it and still find it interesting, and may have to pick it up soon to check it out considering they're selling for about $12 on Amazon right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.