Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

18Africa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Error in Tile Promotion chart? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we look at this:

23 > 41, 43, 45, 47
24 > 42, 43, 46, 47

The problem is that 23 > 45 is not physically possible; it does not preserve existing track; nor does 24 > 46. My group believes that 45 and 46 have been accidentally switched in these two rows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephe Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If #23, #24, #45, and #46 are the way they're supposed to look, then the upgrade lists are correct. If your assertion is correct, then the problem is that the #45s have been labelled "46" and the #46s "45".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

My copy of the rules show 23 > 45 and 24 > 45. But I agree that 23 does not upgrade to 45 but rather 46.

JimA


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Fältman
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
badge
Red Sonic Underwear
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maisnestce wrote:
If #23, #24, #45, and #46 are the way they're supposed to look, then the upgrade lists are correct. If your assertion is correct, then the problem is that the #45s have been labelled "46" and the #46s "45".

This!

The "redraw" of the game got the tile numbers wrong. The "original" files have them labeled correctly.

But to play correctly with the tiles you do have you could just change the upgrade list...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Better to change the tiles. #45 and #46 are commonly known and referred to by number.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Better to change the tiles. #45 and #46 are commonly known and referred to by number.


Thanks, we'll make a note of this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Peeck
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Ok its my set that Chris is playing on, your right I looked at my 1830 and 45 and 46 are backwards, I would have though changing the promotion list would have been easier, but I guess since it is a home self published game I can pen and ink change anything. Thanks.

I note that the tiles 30 and 31 the back hook that is not in 1830 games are listed to promote to 42 and 41 but that can't be, it does not preserve the track. Anyone comment on this? Looks to me like they can't be promoted.

Finally Something we did not noted in the 4 games we have played so far, the yellow single towns (DITS) can be upgraded to the single or double green city tiles (12, 13, 14, 15). Is this true or a mistake? Anyone know?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
wpeeck wrote:
Finally Something we did not noted in the 4 games we have played so far, the yellow single towns (DITS) can be upgraded to the single or double green city tiles (12, 13, 14, 15). Is this true or a mistake? Anyone know?


This is also true for 1825.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wpeeck wrote:
Ok its my set that Chris is playing on, your right I looked at my 1830 and 45 and 46 are backwards, I would have though changing the promotion list would have been easier, but I guess since it is a home self published game I can pen and ink change anything. Thanks.

I note that the tiles 30 and 31 the back hook that is not in 1830 games are listed to promote to 42 and 41 but that can't be, it does not preserve the track. Anyone comment on this? Looks to me like they can't be promoted.

Finally Something we did not noted in the 4 games we have played so far, the yellow single towns (DITS) can be upgraded to the single or double green city tiles (12, 13, 14, 15). Is this true or a mistake? Anyone know?


On tile promotion of 30 and 31:
30->42 is perfectly correct.
becomes


Rotate #30 in your head by 60 degrees clockwise. You can see that it's just #42 lacking the straight.

Same thing for 31 and 41.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.