Subject: Getting Cards off the Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hello I am new to FoD. I wanted to know what are the only ways to get cards off the track before they reach the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nimstradamus wrote:
Hello I am new to FoD. I wanted to know what are the only ways to get cards off the track before they reach the end?

It depends what type of cards you are talking about. Off the top of my head-

If you mature a vampire encounter then all cards on spaces 4 to 6 of the trail are taken off the trail.

Encounters are usually taken off the trail when they are resolved due to a search or ambush. Certain hunter cards may cause encounters to be discarded.

You can take all the cards off a space by playing the misdirect power card, but that won't work if the space to be cleared contains a power card, Castle Dracula or a location where you hid. The cards are replaced by the misdirect card.

Similarly you can take the cards off your current location if you resolve "escape as bat" in a night combat involving Dracula himself, replacing the cards there with the escape card.

I think the only way to get power cards back early would be to mature a vampire or by escaping as a bat (only wolf form)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
nimstradamus wrote:
I wanted to know what are the only ways to get cards off the track before they reach the end?

Encounters are usually taken off the trail when they are resolved due to a search or ambush. Certain hunter cards may cause encounters to be discarded.

These hunter cards effect encounter cards in hideouts:
ITEMS:
Dogs - works on Rats, Saboteur, Spy, Wolves
Stake - works on vampire encounters

Events:
Forewarned - foils an attempted ambush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.