Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim O'Connell
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey, last week we played through the prologue and our first full game of Seafall, and loved it! Loved how the prologue went, and how the game played.

However, in setting up the first game, we missed the milestone of 'explore the highest number on an island.' We discovered it in the box at the end of the game. Now, the player who won actually completed this milestone, but if others knew it was there, they might have tried for it.

I'm thinking I have two options at this stage:
1) Put the milestone in, and assume that no one has got it yet, leaving it up for grabs in the second game

2) Complete the milestone at the beginning of the next game, but no one gets the points or the reward.

I'm wanting to know, without spoilers, if we should complete it now, to unlock anything that should be unlocked? Or just let it go, and let it be discovered in the next game?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Postlethwaite
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't remember exactly what happens with that milestone, but there's nothing forcing it to be completed in game 1, so there won't be any harm in having it available the next game. The only thing is (very mild spoiler if you haven't yet completed any milestones in the first game)
Spoiler (click to reveal)

the person who would have got it might be pissed not to get the reward (not counting the glory) you get for completing the milestone. This is for you and your group to judge, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add it to your next game. As you say no one knew it existed so no one actively went for it.

Milestones are important, to randomly hand it out to a player who accidentally completed it would be very wrong IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the above, but I'd also add that you'll probably want to specify that it should trigger off exploring one of the original four island's 6-value sites. If there's a lower site on the island that already has its 6 explored, I wouldn't award the milestone for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Agree with the above, but I'd also add that you'll probably want to specify that it should trigger off exploring one of the original four island's 6-value sites. If there's a lower site on the island that already has its 6 explored, I wouldn't award the milestone for that.

Yup. Make it available next game, but require it to be from the highest site overall, not just the highest remaining. This may make it a bit more difficult due to distance, but it's also best not to make it more trivial for the first player to grab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.