Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Painted all the starting Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Goddard
msg tools
So as soon as I got this game I painted the starting classes for us to use and here they are. I've unlocked a few others now as well but I wont spoil them here, I'll create another post once I have them all painted. But here they are! I tried to use more dull and earth tones in my painting to represent the Gloom part of Gloomhaven

A nice shot of all of them together chilling

My brute, probably the best job I did in the paint work. Love the colours here

My Cragheart. I couldn't get his head right with shading so instead I gave him a helmet which I think looks alright

The mindtheif was a little hard to paint being so small but I like the rat on his shoulder.

I couldn't get her face just right but golly I tried. I like the camo looking clothing though.

I think this may be the worst one I did. My idea was to have each element's colour represented in her clothing but it looks a little tacky. And her face is ugly hahaha

Another hard one to paint due to his size. It was also a little challenging to get some different colours involved as well as keep it close to the original picture.

I can't wait to unlock more characters to paint them. AHHHHhhhhh this game is so cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osku Odi
msg tools
Can't wait to actually get to play this game. While waiting for the opportunity to play I decided to start painting the starting minis too... Seems some of my paints have dried up (yeah, it's been a while), so the characters might be a bit different color than they should be... But so far so good... 1 down five to go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bikfalvy
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think some washes would be great on these. Take a color of paint (often black or brown, but you can use anything) and water it down so it is like colored water (you can play around with how much water to paint) and then spread it all over your dried paint. It will settle into the creases and details and give your painting depth.

You could try it on your brute's back (the fur) to get an idea how it works if you want to actually see how it would work on these particular figures. It would help you bring out the details in each figure. Also, it might help unify the colors you used on the Spellcaster so they fit together more if you wash the whole thing in the same color (like a dark blue-black or a deep green or a purple or whatever, even brown or black).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! With regards to your spellweaver, a little garish is ok--it's more interesting than the gray it comes in and it definitely will make it easier to see who's who. I dig the color variations you went for. I agree with awritermom that a wash would really take them to the next level, but they are pretty cool as they are.

I'd never painted minis before and initially didn't plan on doing so for this game, but when I opened up my character's box (the mindthief) I found that they had accidentally included two of her figures. While I was impatiently waiting for our first gaming session, I decided to paint the extra figure. I liked the finish product so much that I decided to play with it and then I felt bad for the other players with their boring gray pieces, so I ended up painting them all. I haven't made it to the scoundrel yet, but she's next on the list.

I may be addicted to painting miniatures now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rath Pex
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
So I clicked through your pics and kept hitting “next” - I got spoilers of the white hair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
Lytane wrote:

The mindtheif was a little hard to paint being so small but I like the rat on his shoulder.

Oh man! I totally missed that rat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.