Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Algae may only be "played" at max temp -12C.

If I've played it before -12C, does it "shut off" once I hit -10C or does it stay in play forever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any restrictions on cards only apply when actually playing them. Once in play they stay in effect for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This cart has 2 effects, if I am correct:

1) top of the card : When a Ocean is played during a generation, by whoever, win 2 plants.
2) Bottom of the card : As long as Temperature is less than -12°, win 1 plant.

For 1), I understand that if a ocean is placed during a generation, you can spend one action to get 2 plants. If another Ocean tile is placed, then you can also get 2 points, as long as it is in the same generation. So I think this one is ok.

For 2°, I dont get it. There is no Red Arrow, so this bottom part of the card could be activated several time in the same generation. When activated, the rule is not stating that a player mark should be put on it.
Rule abstract : "Many blue cards and corporations have actions,as indicated by a red arrow. Each such action card may be used once each generation. When you use an action on a blue card, you must first pay any cost stated to the left of the arrow."
But here, no red arrow.
So, each time the player owning it has to do an action, during action phase of a given generation, and as long as the T° is less than -12°, he may get 1 plant 2 times per turn, so 2 plants.
Rule abstract : (...) but as long as you take actions, you will get more turns.When everyone has passed, the action phase ends.

So the player can get up to 7 plants, put a green tile, etc...
Obviously there is something wrong either in my understanding, or in the game mechanic for the Blue Card (I must say that the Blue cards are the most confusing to me).

For your input !! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telgar wrote:

1) top of the card : When a Ocean is played during a generation, by whoever, win 2 plants.

For 1), I understand that if a ocean is placed during a generation, you can spend one action to get 2 plants. If another Ocean tile is placed, then you can also get 2 points, as long as it is in the same generation. So I think this one is ok.

For 2°, I dont get it. There is no Red Arrow, so this bottom part of the card could be activated several time in the same generation. When activated, the rule is not stating that a player mark should be put on it.
Rule abstract : "Many blue cards and corporations have actions,as indicated by a red arrow. Each such action card may be used once each generation. When you use an action on a blue card, you must first pay any cost stated to the left of the arrow."
But here, no red arrow.
So, each time the player owning it has to do an action, during action phase of a given generation, and as long as the T° is less than -12°, he may get 1 plant 2 times per turn, so 2 plants.
Rule abstract : (...) but as long as you take actions, you will get more turns.When everyone has passed, the action phase ends.

Obviously there is something wrong either in my understanding, or in the game mechanic for the Blue Card (I must say that the Blue cards are the most confusing to me).

Blue Cards:

The action on the bottom of the card is only performed at the time the card is played.

The actions at the top of the card can be played either a) once per generation (red arrow) or whenever triggered by an action of a player (no red arrow) even if the trigger for b) occurs multiple times in a generation.

The bottom of the card action is a part of the sequence of playing the card, the actions on the top of the card take an additional player action, but can be performed later during the same generation in which the card is played. It can even be used as the second action of a player's turn whose first action was playing the blue card.

That would be much easier with bullet points...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DnaDan56 wrote:
Telgar wrote:

But here, no red arrow.

Blue Cards:

The action on the bottom of the card is only performed at the time the card is played.

The actions at the top of the card can be played either a) once per generation (red arrow) or whenever triggered by an action of a player (no red arrow) even if the trigger for b) occurs multiple times in a generation.

The bottom of the card action is a part of the sequence of playing the card, the actions on the top of the card take an additional player action, but can be performed later during the same generation in which the card is played. It can even be used as the second action of a player's turn whose first action was playing the blue card.

That would be much easier with bullet points...

Thank you for the explanation. I did not get in the rule this, but yes, N° 7 description on page 6 explain that. Good !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.