Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion/adventure packs or what ever they call themm are pretty rare or did they just not release that many?

If anyone has some info on where I might look for such items, I'd be greatly appreciate, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your best bet would be eBay or the GeekMarket.

I was one of the lucky few to receive everything that has been printed for Fallen (base set, KS expansions, PrePaid expansions) and it really is 'that good'.

I wish you all the luck in the world to find the items you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The company making Fallen has pretty much disappeared. It was even touch and go whether the expansions were actually going to be delivered to the pre-order customers. I don't expect any further printings of the game or expansions.
Having said that, I do have all of them and the game is really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell if people are selling just the expansions for $80-100 each or if they have them with the base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Tran
Australia
Redfern
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly at this point I would just like to buy more of those custom dice so I can attempt a multiplayer game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having the expansions is nice but I think the base set I have which is the KS edition is enough for me to play for a lifetime (as there are still other games I can occupy myself with).

Sad to hear the company is no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:

Can't say it's particularly sad. In fact, I'm quite satisfied that they got what's coming to them. Maybe if they actually gave retail customers a complete game instead of shitting on them with a glorified demo, they would still be in business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Having the expansions is nice but I think the base set I have which is the KS edition is enough for me to play for a lifetime (as there are still other games I can occupy myself with).

Ethereality wrote:
Maybe if they actually gave retail customers a complete game instead of shitting on them with a glorified demo, they would still be in business.

I find the juxtaposition of these two quotes pretty humorous. A glorified demo that is enough for at least one person to play for a lifetime!

I fall on the side of the retail version of the game being a lot of fun with lots of replayability in its own right.

Moreover, if the company had succeeded and kept publishing expansions with more heroes, dungeon lords, items, etc., then the KS stuff would have rapidly become just a drop in a large bucket of expansion content. It was infinitely expandable. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

Ethereality wrote:
Maybe if they actually gave retail customers a complete game instead of shitting on them with a glorified demo, they would still be in business.

I find the juxtaposition of these two quotes pretty humorous. A glorified demo that is enough for at least one person to play for a lifetime!

I fall on the side of the retail version of the game being a lot of fun with lots of replayability in its own right.

Moreover, if the company had succeeded and kept publishing expansions with more heroes, dungeon lords, items, etc., then the KS stuff would have rapidly become just a drop in a large bucket of expansion content. It was infinitely expandable. Oh well.

Is there not something about the Kickstarter version being larger than the retail version. So that the "base set" for the Kickstarter version is actually larger than for the retail version?

That said, to me even the retail version has hours and hours of gaming time. I have all the expansions except the undead one (oh, I want it so bad!), but I honestly doubt I will get around to playing half of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael_Olsen wrote:
[q="GreenLaborMike"]
Is there not something about the Kickstarter version being larger than the retail version. So that the "base set" for the Kickstarter version is actually larger than for the retail version?

That said, to me even the retail version has hours and hours of gaming time. I have all the expansions except the undead one (oh, I want it so bad!), but I honestly doubt I will get around to playing half of it.

Oh, there's no disagreement - the KS version had twice as many characters, more items, and more than twice as many story cards. They got a great deal.

But all of those components are the type that are infinitely expandable. If Watchtower Games had kept publishing, there could have been 30 or 40 of heroes and Dungeon Lords, available as expansion. Not just 6 of each in the KS version. Alas, it won't happen now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a complete set (base/KS/expansions)in very good condition. Would certainly be willing to listen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.