Subject: Dealing with player elimination in multi man matches? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've started making my own MonPoc maps for 3-5 players (Will probably post them on here at some point).

But I'm thinking that player elimination will be a big issue. It's never fun to sit back and look at the other players, for the next 20-40 minutes, until a game ends.

For those of you who have tried multi man Monpoc, is it a big issue? If so, does anyone have any suggestions to make the game more interesting for the eliminated players?

Her are some of my thoughts:

- When a players monster is defeated for the first time, the other form may come into play at the starting area, if the player so choses. This might help a player escape if he's getting ganged up on by several other players.

- A multi man game is played for points. One monster form eliminated = 1 point. A player who has lost both monster forms is still in the game, but only has units. This way he can still compete and try to get some more points. But he is, of course, at a disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Connor
msg tools
mb
I've never played Multi-Man, but one thought is to let the booted player continue to play and use their units to have a board presence. This may also help situations where one player is winning by a mile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
HiddenElephant wrote:
I've never played Multi-Man, but one thought is to let the booted player continue to play and use their units to have a board presence. This may also help situations where one player is winning by a mile.

Hi Peter.

I agree. That's also what I'm suggesting in the OP. The monster can be eliminated from the game. But the player can stil control/spawn units and try his best to snatch a kill or two before the game ends.

It's not going to be super interesting,but it's way better than sitting stil, and it will make the endgame go by much quicker, since the odd's of a monster taking damage each turn increases because of repeated attacks from the "monsterless" players units

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.