Hide
8 Posts

Village Attacks» Forums » General

Subject: Add-ons prices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
So... 16 British pounds for 4 miniatures, 2 dashboards and a handful of tokens? Am I missing something, or the add-ons are seriously overpriced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiro
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
16 pounds is about 20usd so they are the same price as the zombicide guest boxes. 5usd per mini is pretty fair for a small box that won't have a giant print run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
mactireban wrote:
16 pounds is about 20usd so they are the same price as the zombicide guest boxes. 5usd per mini is pretty fair for a small box that won't have a giant print run

At 16 pounds each, buying all four add-ons will cost a backer 64 pounds. The base game is 85. That means almost doubling the price of the game for... 16 minis?

BTW, I'm also pretty vexed by the fact that an iconic horror creature such as the Werewolf is an add-on that you have to pay extra for as opposed to something that comes in the base game. It kinda smells like cut content to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnestoPavan wrote:
So... 16 British pounds for 4 miniatures, 2 dashboards and a handful of tokens? Am I missing something, or the add-ons are seriously overpriced?

I originally thought so but looking at reaper minis, they range anywhere from a couple bucks to 10-15 USD on ebay. So considering these are actually built for a game, I say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnestoPavan wrote:
At 16 pounds each, buying all four add-ons will cost a backer 64 pounds. The base game is 85. That means almost doubling the price of the game for... 16 minis?

Yep. KS doesn't tell you how many units of an add-on to make, so you have less information than with the base game. You charge more for the add-ons because their print run will be smaller than the base game, so the cost of the steel molds to amortize over the print run is higher. (KS is not a store, blah blah blah.) If you don't want to pay the add-on prices, don't buy them. Save the money to spend on other miniatures projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
ErnestoPavan wrote:

Yep. KS doesn't tell you how many units of an add-on to make, so you have less information than with the base game. You charge more for the add-ons because their print run will be smaller than the base game, so the cost of the steel molds to amortize over the print run is higher. (KS is not a store, blah blah blah.) If you don't want to pay the add-on prices, don't buy them. Save the money to spend on other miniatures projects.

The Lagomorph rabbity thing here makes a good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl King
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The werewolf should be in the core game instead of the guy holding up his own head IMHO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
Phoenixman wrote:
The werewolf should be in the core game instead of the guy holding up his own head IMHO

I dunno; the Headles Horseman is pretty classic, too. Maybe they should have left out the Lich or the Succubus, which feel more like "D&D fantasy" to me, and put the Werewolf in instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.