It's ahistorical that two Armies of different powers are more powerful in defending a territory than two Armies of the same power.
This leads to strange situations such as Austro-Hungarians fighting to defend Western Germany.
1) When battling a space with defending Armies of different powers, you may declare which one of the two enemy powers' Armies you are attacking. Only that power may play Reinforce Army prepared cards, and only that power may use Status cards beneficial to the defense.
If the targeted defending Army is defeated, both defending enemy powers' Armies are removed from the defended space.
2) A power may have two of its own Armies in a space. When battling, a power may add +1 to his Sustain Land Battle count by removing one of his two supplied Armies from the space from which he is battling. When two supplied Armies of the same power are defending a space, one of the two may be removed by the defending power to add +1 to the defender's Reinforce Army count.
3) 2) above applies to Navies, Sustain Sea Battle, and Reinforce Navy situations.
4) You may remove an Army to Satisfy an Attrition loss.
Comment: the advantage of doubling up the Armies in a space is that it makes possible a +1 Sustain Battle as well as a +1 Reinforce Battle. The disadvantage is that a Build Army prepared card allows +1 Reinforce Battle anywhere. Building a doubled up Army only provides +1 Reinforce Battle in its own space.
EDIT: The United Kingdom cards, "The Girls with the Yellow Hands," "Commonwealth Support," and "Persian Campaign," all of which require three U.K. Navies on the board, shall require at least one U.K. Navy in each of three separate spaces.
- Last edited Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 am (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:24 pm
I like 2) and 3) a lot. I might propose them to our club.
Since we're talking about this, one thing I've always found missing is that there should be some way for attackers in the same team to help each other out.
Say, for example, that Russia has an Army in Prussia and France has an Army in Western Germany. It's Russia's turn, and she plays a Land Battle on Berlin. If the French player also has a Land Battle in hand, it would be interesting if they were able to discard it and use their Sustain Battle cards in the Russian battle. Just sayin'