Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Objects and conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up already once before but somehow I didn't even really consider it back then, but when objects have hitpoints (as per p. 34 in the rulebook), can they be effected by status effects?
The rules state they can't be harmed by other abilities, but I asume that refers to things like (starting character ability spoilers):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Cragheart ability to destory an obstacle

I could see something like wounded being thematically possible for maybe structurally damaging them in a way that they start falling apart a bit, but something like poisoned is a bit hard to imagine even though it would be mechanically beneficial to do, while stunned and disarmed hardly make sense at all, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
Are obstacles with hit points considered enemies? Can they poisoned, wounded, etc.?
Obstacles with hit points are technically considered enemies for all ability purposes, but they are immune to all negative conditions.

Isaac did, however, clarify that they can be moved by push/pull and the Cragheart's ability to move obstacles.

edit: I guess that means that the mindthief could mind-control a pillar and force it to move closer to you. Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I somehow read over that in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Garou wrote:
FAQ wrote:
Are obstacles with hit points considered enemies? Can they poisoned, wounded, etc.?
Obstacles with hit points are technically considered enemies for all ability purposes, but they are immune to all negative conditions.

Isaac did, however, clarify that they can be moved by push/pull and the Cragheart's ability to move obstacles.

edit: I guess that means that the mindthief could mind-control a pillar and force it to move closer to you. Fun!

I have a hard time believing the mind-control example, lol. I guess it's not considered a negative condition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we played this wrong last night. It just didn't seem real to be sneaking up and catching that object by surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joeyman3 wrote:
I guess we played this wrong last night. It just didn't seem real to be sneaking up and catching that object by surprise.

I don't think it's been officially confirmed that you can mind-control or sneak up on obstacles, but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Garou wrote:
FAQ wrote:

the faq implies it but do you know where it was stated outright that cgaracters or the craghearts ability can pushpull objects with hp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Garou wrote:
FAQ wrote:

the faq implies it but do you know where it was stated outright that cgaracters or the craghearts ability can pushpull objects with hp?

Here you go!

Edit: I'm nearly 100% sure that mind control counts as forced movement, but I am unable to find a quote for that at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garou wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Garou wrote:
FAQ]Are obstacles with hit points considered enemies? Can they poisoned, wounded, etc.?

[url=https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25375847#25375847]Here you go![/url wrote:

Edit: I'm nearly 100% sure that mind control counts as forced movement, but I am unable to find a quote for that at the moment.

I will point out that the Cragheart has an ability that explicitly moves obstacles... It's not a Push/Pull. Then again, Push/Pull aren't conditions, either...

(I'd like to know for the Cragheart's Heaving Swing. Can I push a damageable obstacle into another obstacle and have it take more damage? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.