Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Valksyrr Campaign Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello,

In the Valskyrr campaign, can a hero take a personal reward that doesn't "belong" to him but matches one of his gear proficiencies? In the non-campaign game this is obviously allowed, but in the campaign it says you can only take a personal reward if it "belongs" to your hero. I wonder if this was just an oversight in the campaign rules or intended to prevent people from experimenting and getting stuck with a poor choice.

That leads to another question, actually. Is it reasonable to trade reward gear among the heroes during the campaign phase between quests?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
In the campaign, if you take someone else's Reward item in one quest, it may not be available for them in subsequent quests. So, really, if you allow this then you should allow items to be traded between quests.

But really the Valskyrr Campaign rules need to be updated in the light of Heart of the Mists revisions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Ah I see. This ensures one player doesn't hog all the rewards. That's a good point! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, maybe off topic a bit.
Is it possible to move on to next quest without resetting hero skills and rewards? I mean without using Valksyrr set. I don't have it at the moment blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do 'Valskyrr Lite' like this:

At the end of each Quest:

One player can identify one of their Rewards as 'persistent': they start every Quest from now one with it in their Basic Deck (or substituted for one of their Starting Gear, if they prefer)

A number of players can choose one of their Transient Rewards (if they have any) to add to their Basic Deck on the next Quest (only) - this number is equal to the Quests already completed (so 1 player can do this after the 1st Quest; 2 after the 2nd Quest; etc).

Each player can choose some Advanced Feats they have purchased to add to their Basic Deck on the next Quest, equal in Resolve-cost to the number of Quests already finished (so after the first Quest, everyone keeps a 1-Resolve Feat; after the 2nd, either 2 1-Resolve Feats or a 2-Resolve Feat; and so on)

At the start of each Quest after the first:

One player flips their Hero Charter to Nightmare-mode; it stays on Nightmare Mode for the rest of the Campaign

When every player's Hero Charter is flipped, flip the Quest Charter onto Nightmare Mode

If you have the KS Extra Nightmare Time Cards, you could introduce them instead of flipping a Hero Charter

If you have Snow & Sand, you could introduce Events or Lieutenants instead of flipping a Charter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Now I got sense of progression arrrh
Thanks.
Will get Valksyrr asap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.